Fears destroying relationship

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 03:28 pm
I'm 16 and my cousin is 14. We were texting each other on Messenger. I told her that I struggle with mental problems, and other things. Later I found them inappropriate for her, so that told her. It started scaring me, and if something scares me, it haunts me for days. I felt like I hurt her, because she doesn't like the topic of death, but when we talk about someone who's dead, I say they're dead. I started to think it made her feel bad, so I told her how I feel. She told she doesn't find it inappropriate, but since it was really haunting me, I told her she doesn't understand because she's younger.

And now she's very, very angry. I said sorry to her severally, but she didn't change her mind.
Now I'm very desperate, I'm crying, and I feel like I wanna drown, cut, overdose or just kill myself. I'm not able to do anything, so it's all even worse. She doesn't want to text, and we were always very close, because we had the same interests, and she won't probably come for visit anymore.
I don't know what to do for her to forgive me. Is there something I can do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 309 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 07:47 pm
@SilentEvil,
Over reaction of the worst kind in my opinion.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2021 11:42 pm
@SilentEvil,
SilentEvil wrote:

but since it was really haunting me, I told her she doesn't understand because she's younger.

That's super patronizing. Especially for someone who's merely a silly 2 years older than she is.

Quote:
And now she's very, very angry. I said sorry to her severally, but she didn't change her mind.

1. Don't treat her like a baby.
2. Give her some time to breathe. Time healing (some if not) all wounds.
3. Offer peace offerings (good words that foster how grateful she is to you and go beyond obligatory apologies). Pizza is often a good one.
4. Don't treat her like a baby. Treat her like a peer. Don't take a crap on what may be one of your better allies to confide in.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fears destroying relationship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:59:01