Achievable??

ztyu123

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 08:53 pm
I am a caretaker for an elderly family member (mother) plus I am juggling a relationship in which my partner feels slighted and resentful that we aren’t able to spend much time together due to me taking care of My family member 24/7, and also due to Covid. My partner doesn’t understand or cares not to try. well they say that they understand that my family member comes and the pandemic limited interactions but they often express there unhappiness with the situation. Should I breakup with them because I believe that an achievable successful, prosperous relationship can happen still in the dynamic , and they’re unsure of it? I give up my moments of solitude and free time which may vary from a half an hour to an hour each day to see them, but they feel it isn’t enough and are feeling unwanted and unsettled. Should I just not date anyone due to my situation, until it improves? Everyone that I’ve ever dated has had a problem with it. Maybe they just weren’t right for me? Can a successful relationship be achieved while being a caregiver?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 331 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2021 11:52 pm
@ztyu123,
Do what you think is best. They seem rather selfish.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2021 07:56 am
@ztyu123,
Consider finding someone to help you out with your caretaking responsibilities, perhaps while this person naps or for social interaction with a person other than yourself.

You are going to burn yourself out with a 24/7 schedule!

You have a life, too, you know.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Achievable??
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 05:20:57