Dance class

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 05:19 pm
In the beginning of the next school year, we will have a dancing class. I'll be 17 at the time. But I don't wanna attend the class, because I don't dance, I don't wanna dance, and I'm not planning on going for the prom. Even though I'm a girl, I don't like dresses and ballroom dancing in general. I won't even find my partner for dancing, because I don't talk to boys very often unless I need something from them or I just reply to them on my class messenger group, and I'm ugly, so it would be disgrace for them. I know there will be a paid dancer who can possibly teach me dance, but it sounds so awkward to me, just like the whole thing. I don't wanna go there, because it would be very uncomfortable for me, since I'm secretly afraid of all my classmates. They've never done anything bad to me, but I'm afraid they'll start it, so I'm afraid of boys and even girls.
If I could, I'd never go there, but my family will definitely want me to go to the class and even prom. I'll be an adult at the time of the prom, so I'll do what I want to in this thing. But I won't make my family to allow me to not go there, because they want me to do what the others do, and my classmates might start suspecting me that I think I'm special, and that I'm arrogant. I'm not actually, I just don't wanna do uncomfortable things.
How can I avoiding going to the dance class?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 320 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 05:58 pm
@SilentEvil,
SilentEvil wrote:

How can I avoiding going to the dance class?

Is it mandatory (the class as I don't suspect prom will ever be mandatory)? Maybe you can shrewdly weasel your way out of it with a doctor's note (that said you will need to seek counsel and openly confide with the family doctor on your anxiety issues. And given your brief history of posts here at a2k? You really are in desperate need of some form of formal counseling/therapy which in by itself isn't a weakness but an indicator that you are in fact a human being).

And I suspect "going stag" is a possibility for your future prom (if 1. you still want to attend that event; 2. have no will or motivation to find a willing partner). Or ... here's a possible future... just not go to the prom. It's happened a few million times before. People don't always go to their respective proms.

Finally, you do realize that once you graduate, you don't have to deal - socially speaking - with any of your high school classmates ever again. So? What they do (or despite your imagination ... possibly do not) think of you ... is moot and ultimately a waste of time dreading about.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2021 11:26 pm
@SilentEvil,
Conservative religions (some Baptists?) prefer no dancing. Perhaps this fact can help?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dance class
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:42:22