Women in Science Day 2021! Doing anything special for the holiday?

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 11:37 am
I am just a bit curious about this. Are you doing anything special for the holiday?

I haven't really done anything special for it. I might try to build a thermonuclear bomb home edition but I am lacking in the materials, the tools, and the engineering background.

I went grocery shopping earlier yesterday. I was surprised nonWomen in Science-themed music was not being played over my local supermarket's PA system. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised - everyone is so fixated on the Wuhan Flu scare, which to me is ridiculous. In light of the negativity concerning the Covid-19, I am still going to talk about the holiday and focus on it. I'm not letting a stupid virus or media scare ruin my holiday.

I would rather focus on something positive.

A few weeks ago my town did not have a Women in Science parade thus there was nothing to see in the first place. It should be my town's tradition to hold a parade a few Saturdays in February before the actual holiday.

I'll probably listen to some science podcasts and/or some holiday-themed music specifically but that's about it. I want a break from what I am dealing with in my personal life right now. I don't know if there was any holiday-related stuff on TV today; I can't watch TV at the moment.

What about you?

Please help - thank you.

https://imgur.com/hT8gLbw.jpg
Source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 628 • Replies: 2
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 08:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
I replaced the fill valve & flapper on my toilet that wouldn’t stop running.

I asked the guy at the Home Depot if he was saved. I’m going to pray for him
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 09:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I might try to build a thermonuclear bomb home edition but I am lacking in the materials, the tools, and the engineering background.

As always, any excuse to procrastinate.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Women in Science Day 2021! Doing anything special for the holiday?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:06:27