Can such space technology make preservation of the environment on Earth

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 08:28 am
Can such space technology like or satellites or microsatellites make their investsments in preservation of the environment on Earth? For example, such project like Sentinel-6 satellite we can control sea level and other stuff that can help scientists make particular operation in environmental preservation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 355 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2021 03:29 pm
@bearnard45,
how do we control sea level with a satellite??
bearnard45

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 08:37 am
@farmerman,
There is spacial kind of satellites and I guess microsatellites that can do that. The most popular of them is Santinel 6. The Sentinel-6 satellite will be capable of delivering more precise, and finer spatial resolution images, as well as the ability to recover a higher quantity of data in both ice-covered and coastal regions.
Ragman

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 09:42 am
@bearnard45,
Based on this and other posts, it appears you have little understanding of cause-and-effect or physics in general. A satellite can not control tides or anything that you mention in your posts.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 09:57 am
@Ragman,
yeh, what I know about the 2 sentinel sats is that they will coordinate in their data collection to provide better resolution in MONITORING sea lvel changes. No sat can do a damned thing in controlling the environment (YET)
engineer

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 10:31 am
@farmerman,
Yes, this is about monitoring, not controlling. Of course better data is always a good thing.
0 Replies

knaivete

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 06:45 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
how do we control sea level with a satellite??

If I was into dry humour I'd say that it's risible to quibble about ESL syntax on satellite altimetry as a means of further investigating sea levels.

Perhaps in 2024 Don could equip the sats with lasers and blast the shelf off Greenland then buy it cheaply.

You know it makes sense.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2021 11:55 pm
@knaivete,
the only problem with that is watching all the extension cords
0 Replies

bearnard45

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 03:10 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, sorry for my mistake. This kind of satellite can only monitor sea level. Also, I figured out on the website of onespace company from Scotland Santinel 6 is additionally able to predict storm surges and sea level rise more accurately, therefore reducing the potential risk of destruction as a result of unpredicted high levels of flooding.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can such space technology make preservation of the environment on Earth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 05:44:48