What should I do with this neighbour issue?

Moghyss

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 07:19 am
I live in the UK, I have built an Outbuilding at the back of my property within all rules and regulations, whilst building my property my builder caused accidental damage to the neighbours property, out of courtesy we have offered a replacement of the felt which we damaged. Since our outbuilding is built literally 2 inches away from the boundary wall, when the roofer replaces their roof it may inflict damage upon our property(the outbuilding) and wants us to be responsible for those issues this is what the neighbour has said, I don't see this as being fair as we did indeed cause damage but we offered a replacement, and the neighbour is saying if damage to our property is caused when repairing their roof then we are liable. What should I do in this instance?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,916 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 07:40 am
@Moghyss,
You were given some advice on this thread. You should probably post back there if you have questions. If you are having trouble finding your topic, you can click on MY POSTS or MY TOPICS on the menu and find them quickly.
Moghyss

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2021 07:51 am
@engineer,
My question isnt regarding the same exact issue, I have offered a responsible amount to offer for repairs but the neighbour is now saying that if damage is caused by him to our property during his repair it is not his fault. But, thanks I can repost this question over at the other post as well
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What should I do with this neighbour issue?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:45:19