Simple sewing

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 05:05 pm
Am not really a 'sewer' as such, not able to, or want to make clothes for example.
It's become a bit of a 'doodle' sort of thing for me.
Ever since the 'single-use' plastic shopping bags were banned, it was necessary to find an acceptable replacement, so, of course, calico bags were the obvious next step. Then I remembered I had a stash of some very attractive materials I'd amassed over 15 years ago when I attended a quilt making class. Like 99% of my other fads it never lasted long.
So that was the beginning of my latest fad that has been going on now for a solid 2 years. I started making some very pretty shopping bags. Recently Spotlight had, on special, a huge assortment of 'quilting fats', measuring 45cm x 52cm (aka fat quarter yard), so I bought a lot.
Have been really enjoying my "Covid-time" happily sewing up some really pretty shopping bags. Most hand stitching while watching TV then a quick run up the sides and bottoms for strength.
When it's shopping time I enjoy showing off my 'artistic-side' at the supermarket checkout.
Thanks for reading this. I have no one else to tell.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 291 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2021 05:20 pm
@drillersmum85,
Good thing you hadn't had one of those moments where you decided to toss all the material figuring you'd never use it. Especially if the ridding had taken place a year or so prior to the plastic bag ban.

Congratulations on this venture!

(I am totally non-artistic and am usually in awe of those who can do this sort of thing)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Simple sewing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 03:55:50