The ongoing videos and training

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 08:20 am
I want to complain to someone at CPS about the ongoing perpetual never ending videos we have to watch, train and take assessments. I just took Training #1 in September and passed and got a certificate. That same Training #1 is in my inbox in January to retake. I wrote Talent Training and they said we had to take the trainings every year. So in September 2020 I took the same training & passed the same one they're giving me 4 months later. Who can I complain to?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 340 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 08:35 am
@Chicago48,

CPS stands for a few different things...

which CPS are you referring to?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 08:49 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

CPS stands for a few different things...

which CPS are you referring to?

Maybe she's referring to Chicago Public Schools (CPS)
Quote:
Talent
The Talent Office supports and empowers employees through all stages of their Chicago Public Schools (CPS) careers, with the understanding that the department’s success enables employees to better serve the students of Chicago.

To the OP:
Writing to a random online forum (with next to zero context)? Especially about your potential HR problems? Why not try your HR department? No one here is going to have any access to any related email addresses, phone numbers, contact info, etc....

Oh... wait.
773-553-HR4U (4748)
[email protected]

42 W. Madison St.
Chicago, IL 60602

You never heard of Google? Then again, this is just random guesswork.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 12:16 pm
@Chicago48,
Chicago48 wrote:

I want to complain to someone at CPS about the ongoing perpetual never ending videos we have to watch, train and take assessments. I just took Training #1 in September and passed and got a certificate. That same Training #1 is in my inbox in January to retake. I wrote Talent Training and they said we had to take the trainings every year. So in September 2020 I took the same training & passed the same one they're giving me 4 months later. Who can I complain to?

Unfortunately many jobs require this .... sometimes the training is actually beneficial --- often times is just so they meet a requirement do to whatever regulations there are.

I work in the financial industry and we are required to do the same thing - take this same inane video trainings with a "quiz" at the end - you must get an 80% to have it registered you have successfully completed the training. These trainings range from specific regulations - patriot act, money laundering, insider trading --- I do not have access to move money so the laundering is plain old dumb - but I take it and move on. We also have all this stuff on diversity, sexual harassment, and the like. I am not saying that these topics are not important - just the training itself is - basically dumb - if you saw the videos you would know any reasonably intelligent person would not call someone a towel head; or babe or chick --- anyway - again - it is required more than likely to CYA so if the company gets sued for sexual harrassment they can say - hey they took our training and passed it is on them!

In any case - yes it may be stupid to repeat the exact same training over and over, but basically you have no choice if you want to keep your job. Just take it and go on. Yours is likely even worse as it seems yours is either a state or local government requirement. Every job has stupid aspects - some you can make suggestions and change - some (which this sort of training seems to be) you cannot due to outside regulations that think they are doing something important.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 12:17 pm
@Chicago48,
Chicago48 wrote:

You can always complain to me. Max cares.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 12:38 pm
@Linkat,
When I was in the Navy, we would do the same training every few months. It was all very boring, except that inevitably, there was something that I'd forgotten or the instructor (we rotated around being our own instructors) would add a different take. I will say when things started blowing up, it seemed like people knew what to do.
Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2021 12:58 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

When I was in the Navy, we would do the same training every few months. It was all very boring, except that inevitably, there was something that I'd forgotten or the instructor (we rotated around being our own instructors) would add a different take. I will say when things started blowing up, it seemed like people knew what to do.

A bit different when you are talking about someone's life on the line and if you called someone a name that they did not like.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The ongoing videos and training
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:11:00