Electrical nightmare help!

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2021 12:30 pm
After 5 months of mysterious electrical malfunctions in my brand new home that finally led to power outages with no thrown breaker, I discovered siding noises, sparks, and flames inside my breaker box of my brand new home full of brand new everything electronic and smart. Turns out that the electrician forgot to attached the main power supply to the box and it has been arching trying to find a place to go. When the other independent electrician that I called showed up he took it apart and discovered this along with glowing red hot glowing metal. Ive already had to replace 2 of my 5 brand new tvs, my Alexa's keep telling me to check the power supply on devices instead of working properly, my whole house smoke detector system which went off on the construction crew several times with false alarms continue to go off for both fire and carbon monoxide even though they claimed to have fixed it, and during that 5 months my brand new furnace would kick on while turned off blow neither hot nor cold air but say it was blowing heat then turn off all on its own. Does anyone have any words of wisdom as far as what kind of damage if any might have been caused by this and what I can expect in electronics that are still functioning after 5 months of extreme power surges that had my light bulbs getting bright and then dim. I had just switched to all LED lights so for a while I thought maybe it had something to do with that but Im no electrician. Now they're wanting paid a ton of money far more than ever discussed. Not sure I can afford to sue them, but need someone that knows about this sort of thing to tell me if I can expect all these appliances to not last very long, warranties to be void because they were subjected to extreme power surges for so long. Any and all help is appreciated more than I can express with words. Thank you very much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 392 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Jhhadsall

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2021 12:39 pm
Oh and I almost forgot. Even though it was quote unquote fixed by an independent electrician I am still having one of the breakers lose power and not having a tripped breaker. As before if I turn the breaker off, this one being the one to my refrigerator instead of the main breaker it switches off and then if I turn it back on the power is restored. Cuz anyone know what I should be doing right now?
engineer

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2021 01:56 pm
@Jhhadsall,
Call the home builder (if I read this correctly that this is a new home). Depending on your state, the home builder has some liability here. You are at risk of a house fire. You need immediate action from the builder and if they they delay, you need to pay to get a serious electrical service in. You may need to move out for your safety.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2021 06:37 pm
@Jhhadsall,
Were the electricians who wired your house Koreans. For a while in my town, the Korean electricians were notorious for faulty wiring. They used the white wire as the hot side in some cases.
0 Replies

Jhhadsall

Reply Fri 15 Jan, 2021 06:50 pm
It's all new because of a house fire. Inspector required it all replaced. There was some sort of electrical dispute that held up progress and they wouldn't give me details on. They are trying to work it out so they say, but I need to know if everything is damaged from this 5 months of extreme power surges. I have some led bulbs over my sink that still work but one is scorched black for example. Anybody think the lifespan of my new furnace was shortened or that this has something to do with having to replace so many of my brand new tvs?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Electrical nightmare help!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:15:59