The Artemis mission

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 02:48 am
According to the recent space news, NASA has revealed the crew for the Artemis mission in 2022 (if I am not mistaken )
What is your expectation from this mission and other projects which are about to happen in the nearest future?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 626 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 03:52 am
@bearnard45,
well, they are supposed to lunch an unmanned version in 2021 to do a proof of concept and to see how the orbiter and space station would exist. Sending astronauts back to the moon shows that eve matured as a species to be able to benefit from our satellite and what it can assay .
Im interested in the concept of seeing what rre's exist in the feldspar and feldspathoids that exist most densely on the dark side.

Its gonna take some trained geo astronauts who can do the series of assays in the field before we waste space and weight to grab new economic samples for detailed assays and quantification. I think the real "goldmine will be MARS where planetary erosional forces and early anatectism has segregated economic minerals just like on earth.. I think MArs will be a "battery " colony when we can decide how we live there safely and comfortably.
bearnard45

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 06:52 am
@farmerman,
Also, I`ve heard that one of Artemis' missions' goals is to drill the surface to get samples of water that was discovered this year. Talking about Mars, I guess we need first of all to figure out how to get there ( I mean crewed mission ) or how to bring a robotic mission back with samples of the soil of the red planet.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 08:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

well, they are supposed to lunch an unmanned version in 2021 to do a proof of concept and to see how the orbiter and space station would exist. Sending astronauts back to the moon shows that eve matured as a species to be able to benefit from our satellite and what it can assay .
Im interested in the concept of seeing what rre's exist in the feldspar and feldspathoids that exist most densely on the dark side.

The "dark side?"

farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 08:35 am
@Frank Apisa,
since the moon is tidally locked, we only see one side.Its our "dark side" even though it gets sunlight part of the day.The moon is composed of several large pieces of space rock that have collided and
adhered to each other to form the satellite. Its been known for several decades that the composition of our "dark side" is composed of more feldspathodic minerals that contain ppm to low % level of RRE's He, and several other strategic deposits.
China isnt a bunch of fools, they will try to claim certain areas .Even though weve got an international treaty regarding the moon I dont know whether China was a signatory nation.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 08:59 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

since the moon is tidally locked, we only see one side.Its our "dark side" even though it gets sunlight part of the day.The moon is composed of several large pieces of space rock that have collided and
adhered to each other to form the satellite. Its been known for several decades that the composition of our "dark side" is composed of more feldspathodic minerals that contain ppm to low % level of RRE's He, and several other strategic deposits.
China isnt a bunch of fools, they will try to claim certain areas .Even though weve got an international treaty regarding the moon I dont know whether China was a signatory nation.

Okay. The "far side" is the "dark side."

I only checked to be sure I was not missing something here. I depend on your scholarship in these kinds of things more than you suppose. My guess is...many here do.
knaivete

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 02:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Left Far Right Dark

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZhjz9fkF90BTsFhyKFz6UU4yiWQnd21ATfKP7otOsj3uztOVL7Ovksg&s=0
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2020 03:10 pm
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:

Left Far Right Dark

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZhjz9fkF90BTsFhyKFz6UU4yiWQnd21ATfKP7otOsj3uztOVL7Ovksg&s=0[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJQnzmH6jgc[/youtube]

I like that Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon although I have epilepsy...and once, while watching a laser show in a planetarium which used Pink Floyd music as an accompaniment...I started seizing up...and had to close my eyes to readjust. Had to listen to almost the entire of Dark Side of the Moon and Another Brick in the Wall with my eyes closed!

Two long songs!
0 Replies

bearnard45

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2020 07:48 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, you are right China is going to participate in a space exploration mission too. They are creating rockets and satellites for space exploration and I assure those who don't believe in the capacity of this country can succeed. Just have a look at the leap they have done in technology for the last decades.
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2020 09:14 am
@bearnard45,
their leap has a lot invested in learning from others.
0 Replies