Are Cheap Sound Hearing Aids As Good As The Super Expensive Ones?

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 09:15 pm
Medical-grade sound hearing aids can cost up to $2000 apiece and are just slightly more effective than their over the counter personal sound amplifiers counterparts. Presently, hearing aids can only be purchased in the United States through a licensed professional, with an average cost of $4700-$5000 for a pair. Also, insurance companies like Medicare do not cover this and you’ll have to fish out all this money from your pocket.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 179 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2020 09:40 pm
@myreserveq,
I use hearing aids, but haven't tried the sound amplifiers. I do doubt they are really as good. A good hearing aid, properly adjusted, does a lot more than just amplify sound. Mainly, they help control the amplification of unwanted noise. If someone has very much loss, that noise can be maddingly distracting.

Again, I haven't tried the simple amplifiers. If you do, come back and let us know.

Yeah, it's a shame Medicare doesn't cover this. The VA will IF your hearing loss is so great as to prevent you from meaningfully participating in medical treatment. Otherwise, it has to be service connected loss.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are Cheap Sound Hearing Aids As Good As The Super Expensive Ones?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:52:14