The correct study technique?

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 12:57 pm
Hi

I live in Europe currently in the UK where I'm an orphan, but my real family that you know by now live in the USA. And here there is also severe child abuse as in the USA where they become catatonic and that's in the media right now. We're reading a lot of psychology and people from universities (very good books and classes). I hope you are OK - and we musn't break these social barriers. Many orphans here are children of powerful men from the military and polticians, and many don't even have a voice!!

Right now we're doing some audits and revision - and we're wondering if you are supposed to remember from top of head or write notes. Taking notes is really good if you want to remember the correct information? If I for instance ask someone something (and you might have experienced this?) that people are not like you. But everyone gets a free public education - and women give birth at an young age. Sometimes you don't grow up with a real dad but you always have citizen nearby you. This is really an odd experience! What technique do you i.e use at an univeristy - this is really interesting and maybe you can give some interesting recommendations for our study groups (which we even get pounds from!) . But you have to be very organized and punctual. Maybe it's not just memory it could be really interesting and american litterature is very educational!

/TooFriendly112
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 210 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Teufel

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2020 01:24 pm
@TooFriendly112,
My wife and both our adult children are all PhD's: Psychology, Sociology and Mathematical Physics respectively.

Yes, take contemporaneous notes ... but do not miss information because you are too busy taking notes: These days recording the information is a good idea - Ask permission first.

The other suggestion which my wife and both children still do as PhD's is have a spread sheet of all the books they read and/or the books they reference ... Then date them, publisher, ISBN and what you used in your own work. This is so that when it comes to your own work and literary revues in that, you know quickly when and where that information came from.

I have no idea what you are doing, a BA or BSc maybe but take a little general advice .... Bachelor degree work (especially) is marked via a 'marking grid' ... Ask for one of them from your course moderator, so that you understand how and what they are marking.

Also understand that all work is passed through a computer programme that checks for 'plagiarism' and it is extremely accurate. It is almost impossible to produce work that does not bring up some result on this system ... But any more than a reading of c.20% will certainly trigger an in depth investigation of you and your work.

Good fortune to you, enjoy the learning experience.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The correct study technique?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 02:49:06