Conflict at work and friendship

Mar1

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 05:22 am
Okay, there is a Mrs A and Mrs B, both are older than myself; I should say 20 years older. A and B were friends but had some misunderstanding so stopped being close so B became my older friend who I talk to for advice. Some month ago A started bring snacks, nuts and cookies to B and B was happy to receive these gift, however B works at a separate building and I had to receive the gifts from A everyday I went to work and I had to walk all the way to where B was and give it her, so last week I told A, I am tired of walking all the way there to give these snacks to her which A replied “ I will text her to pick it up” knowing fully that B won’t and she A being afraid of B won’t be able to say a word about B picking up her snacks.
Yesterday I was at work when A said to B “I thought you guys were cool, I told her to bring the snacks to you but she said she was tired of bringing it”
So B spoke to me after A left “if you don’t want to take it from her and bring it to me, I understand but I prefer that you never told her that you don’t want to do it. If bringing the snacks to me as a friend is too hard for you, I wonder if I have a bigger problem in the future you will be willing to help me”
So here is my question
Why would A tell B, what is she trying to get from this?
What does B mean by, I shouldn’t have told her that I didn’t want to
I am confuse on what to do
When I came to work today, A was all smiling like something great happened to her, she made a comment to one of my coworkers “ I get fuzzy when I want something but can’t have it.
I haven’t called B since the incident and keep feeling like she was just treating me like a slave always wanting me to walk to her building with her snacks, but B has been a great help since I knew her. I don’t know what to do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 191 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Teufel

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 05:34 am
@Mar1,
"Ladies, this situation is entirely between you two so please leave me out of it ... I am happy to talk to either or both of you but not on the subject of your relationship or anything pertaining to it ... Thanks"

Then you take a spectacularly huge step backwards and learn to never become embroiled in this sort of garbage between people. Because sooner or later it'll probably end up in their minds, with it all being your fault otherwise.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2020 06:34 am
@Mar1,
Why the hell would it ever be your job to walk anything over to anyone if it wasn't work-related?

"Sorry, I'm busy."

There's your answer if they ever try this BS with you again. And yeah, step out of it. This is middle school nonsense.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Conflict at work and friendship
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:36:02