How one can know if a green-apple is ripen?

KaJe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 03:37 am
How one can know if a green-apple, on the tree, is already ripen? In my country, apples are usually red, so it is ripen when it has become really red. Green-apple trees are very rare here, however now we still have one, but not knowing how we can get to know if they are ripen.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 249 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 08:42 am
@KaJe,
If the tree is supposed to produce red apples, and an apple hasn't ripened to red during the time expected, you might want to just pluck it and discard it.
KaJe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:24 am
@jespah,
Sorry, but I don't think you've answered to me. Have you really red my question, please? I'm talking about green apples which NEVER will be red. That is why they are called green apples. It seems to me you live a country where green apples are even more rare, in such an extent that you've never heard about them.
Ragman

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:40 am
@KaJe,
Here’s a thought: why not taste it? If you have that type of apple, then eat it. If you haven’t got that sort of tree, then it’s not an issue, right? What am I missing?
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:49 am
@Ragman,
smell helps. we used to pick winesap apples by cutting one and smelling it. It has a real apply smell.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 09:52 am
@KaJe,
Yes, I read your question.

You never actually said you were asking about a tree which grows green apples ("now we still have on" - this is a statement which doesn't scan in English). Those are called Granny Smith, by the way.

Then farmerman's advice stands. Cut one down and taste it.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2020 04:58 pm
@jespah,
Bramleys are green too. You don’t want to eat one of them raw.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How one can know if a green-apple is ripen?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:38:15