Dumped by Widower

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 02:22 am
Would like some advice please!! I met this lovely man 5 weeks ago and on Monday he ended things saying he couldn't do "us" anymore. I was wary and tried to slow him down when we met as his wife has only passed this year in March from breast cancer. He assured me he'd done a lot of his grieving whilst his wife was very poorly. Of course my gut was saying thats impossible! Ken was such a gentleman so kind to me and spoilt me rotten. He began to ask me to join him in his future plans. I've had health issues and he really looked after me and i began to let him in. Last Wednesday he said he loved me! On Saturday I had a bad night with a terrible migraine. I went to sleep in the spare room as his snoring was keeping me awake. This freaked him out. He said it reminded him of when his wife was ill in another bed and that he felt helpless. Monday morning he dumped me! Is there anything I can do or should I just let it be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 273 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 06:00 am
@Countrylass,
Sorry to see this sort of upset. It’s not how a new relationship should go. From what you wrote it sounds like it went too fast too soon. IMHO, his reaction is an indicator he needs to process his emotional loss some more. Perhaps let some time go by and give it space. Though, it doesn’t sound good as you wrote about the abruptness of the dumping.

I wish you the best. You were brave to pursue this relationship.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2020 06:46 am
@Countrylass,
I think he was about 100% not ready for a relationship. I'm sorry this happened.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dumped by Widower
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:07:33