Computer Question Please help me

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 04:50 am
Hello, what cable do I need to connect a HP Probook 640 G5 to a monitor HP L1950g

I had a blue chunky cable before and I've lost it.

The port on the Probook is blue with 15 holes and the same port is on the monitor. I think its these 2 ports I need to link.

The purpose of linking is for dual screens so I can work on the laptop and use the monitor as well. Hope someone can help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 461 • Replies: 7
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 05:28 am
It sounds like you need a VGA cable.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 06:02 am
My wife uses a laptop and I a desktop. We connected the laptop from my router with an ethernet cable, which is blue and perhaps 20 ft. long.
justaguy2

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 06:55 am
@Tihocan99 ,
If this is the laptop you're talking about, then it has one VGA port and one HDMI port according to the same link (under the "Ports/slots" section).

While not quite sure what you mean by "I think its these 2 ports I need to link."; if you're talking about the VGA and HDMI ports on your laptop, then no, you don't need to "link" them together to use an external monitor on your laptop. If you mean use both the laptop screen and external monitor at the same time; then you might need to go into your operating system's display settings and enable the second display (the external monitor).

You can also buy VGA splitter cables to connect two VGA monitors to the same port on your laptop/desktop as well.

If you have anymore questions like this, it's best to lookup the specifications of your laptop/PC and check which display port's it has, along with the specifications for the monitor. That way you won't have to wait for someone on a forum to respond.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 06:59 am
@edgarblythe,
That's networking, and has nothing to do with the OP's question.
0 Replies

Tihocan99

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 04:45 pm
Hello thank you all for the replies I really appreciate it. I've ordered a VGa cable from Amazon which arrives tomorrow and hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks again.
0 Replies

Tihocan99

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:26 am
The VGA cable arrived and it works perfectly thank you 👍🎉
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:36 am
You're welcome. Glad I could help.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Computer Question Please help me
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:56:02