Can I obtain a Real Estate License with 2 Misdemeanor DUI's in California?

AnS1989

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 01:44 pm
My two DUIs were a few years apart. My last one was about 7 years ago. I didn't complete the requirements for the first one so when I got my second I was driving on a suspended license. Obviously, the judge wasn't happy about it. Subsequently, I spent a two nights in jail and was put house arrest, and probation. I completed everything as ordered this time around, and paid the fine. I am no longer on probation. I am hoping I can still get my Real Estate License. I passed my Notary public background check but I believe the Real Estate DOJ is more strict. I read information from attorney websites that were very discouraging to me but I imagine that's because they want me to contact them for help. I thought I could get some honest feedback from individuals who have possibly had a similar situation or who has gotten their license with DUIs. Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 398 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:08 pm
@AnS1989,
You can google this question. I did and this link looks useful. There are others.

https://www.aceableagent.com/career-center/california/california-real-estate-license-with-criminal-record/
AnS1989

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:23 pm
@engineer,
Thank you for the info (: I came across that cite as well. I see that it is possible, it just depends on many factors. I am hoping to see if there is anyone on here that knows someone who was able to get a license with DUIs or have themselves.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 02:34 pm
@AnS1989,
Maybe. Contact your state's Division of Real Estate.

This is for the state of California.

https://www.dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/faqs/FAQ-RERAPS.pdf
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can I obtain a Real Estate License with 2 Misdemeanor DUI's in California?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:36:17