Can Iraqis Trust Bush's Promises?

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 01:01 pm
Can the Iraqi people trust the President and Government to honour their promises to use the oil revenues for the benefit of the Iraqi people - apart from jobs and profit for their pals?

Remember that the Government made similar promises to Native Americans 115 years ago and they are still fighting for their legal entitlement to billions of dollars through the courts.

With this kind of Administration track record, how much faith should Iraqis place in current Presidential assurances?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 975 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 01:31 pm
They can!

The real question is: Should they.

I wouldn't trust George Bush about anything -- so I don't see how I could advise teh Iraqis to do so.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:22 am
The Administration has promised to set up a Trust Fund to 'look-after' Iraqi funds for the benefit of the Iraqi people.

They set up a trust fund for Native Americans, as I say, 115 years ago, and they are still waiting.

Maybe the Iraqis would be interested in buying Brooklyn Bridge? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 07:52 am
Seems like the Kurds will betrayed, again. NATO agreed to allow the Turks to cross the borden and occupy a 10 km landstrip.(like always, for humanitarian reasons)

But this whole thing, Kurds helped by the special forces fighting the Iraqi army, frightens me. The US is in a sort of way triggering a civil war where u got one ethnic group attacking another. Will the Kurds march to Bagdad(a 100% sunite city?) And does the US think those Sunites will welcome those Kurds with flowers and chanting? Dont underestimate the tribal situation, even in Iraq!
0 Replies