Working from Home....Work want me to return but cant?

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 11:59 am
Advice needed, as some of you all know life at the start of the year was perfect for me, good friends and a good job and I was well liked and respected and on the verge of a relationship with a man i have fancied like mad for a long time, we were getting closer and closer and i had a dream holiday with him and my other friends 2020 was a year where i had plenty to look forward to.
However after the dream holiday a horrific flight home which i took ill and my bowels decided to unleash an avalanche of turds and diarrhoea causing me to foul myself thousands of feet in the air causing public humilation and completely destroying my self confidence, self respect and all credibility I had with my friends and destroyed my chance of a relationship and turned me into a laughing stock and the butt of peoples jokes. As friends from the holiday worked with me, my mishap not only spread around locally but also like wildfire around the office, I lost everything.
I had to take time away from work, unfortunately i had 5 more faints causing me to crap my pants everytime(thankfully not in public). I plucked up the courage(eventually) to see a doctor and had tests thankfully nothing serious has been picked up but advised to calm my lifestyle down and follow a more healthy diet for my IBS. After a few weeks off work and with lockdown work offered me the chance to work from home and its been a breath of fresh air, got on with my work without the vacant stares/sniggers and whispers and name calling and thankfully no more faints. My life was slowly being rebuilt but this morning after a online group briefing we have all been advised home working will be no more and we have to return to the office and im literally shitting myself about returning knowing everyone know about the most embarrassing moment of my life and im just seen now as an object of ridicule, people either look at me in disgust or im just there to be laughed at. I am happy to work from home is there a way i can block work from sending me back to the office?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 264 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:09 pm
Get a Dr to write a note that you are in the high risk category of getting COVID and they cannot force you to go back yet.

Otherwise, go to HR and explain that you have a health issue that is embarrassing and you would prefer that no one at work treat you differently as that would create a hostile work environment for you and you would have to take action to correct it as you should be free from harassment at work.

Also, get your **** under control.
Lucyloop

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:48 pm
@McGentrix,
@McGentrix **** is under control now thankfully bowels seem to be intact without stress
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 12:52 pm
@Lucyloop,
I suspect you live in the UK. If you’re not already in a union join one now. If you are in a union either contact your rep or phone one of the helplines.
Lucyloop

Reply Thu 18 Jun, 2020 01:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Thank you Izzy x
0 Replies

Lucyloop

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2020 12:02 pm
Got advice on it been told unless its in my contract the business have the right to make me work where they need me to. Im gonna have to go back on the sick or leave, everything bad always happens to me
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Working from Home....Work want me to return but cant?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.45 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:04:02