Funny/Sad 4th Story

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:15 pm
So the family was home (Milwaukee) for the 4th. Last night my sister told a story.

She was on the bus with her husband, headed downtown to watch the big fireworks. The back of the bus was full of drunken teenagers.
An Asian man boarded, seemingly new to the country, wearing a Superman t-shirt tucked into his jeans. He took a seat near the back.

Not long after, my sister said, the entire back of the bus, all of the drunken teens started chanting, "Soo-per-man! Soo-per man! Soo-per-man!."

The Asian man smiled and pumped his fists along with them, like a good sport.

But the chanting just continued and continued. For an uncomfortably long time. The kids would not stop. The Asian man became visibly disenchanted, or at least my sister said she could tell that it occured to him that the kids were making fun of him--and with a corresponding look on his face, the Asian man got off the bus.

I don't know why that story cracked me up. And also made me want to buy the Asian guy a beer.

Happy 4th of July.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 466 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:18 pm
Racism is never funny
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:23 pm
Umm. Not sure if I would interpret that story as an instance of blatant racism.

And actually, one of the best ways to combat it is to laugh at it. So, chill out, I guess.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 06:54 am
Gargamel you actually have some compassion! That is a good thing. I would have felt bad too. I have been in situations where (usually drunk) guys do stupid things like that. One such situation, I went up to the person that was being harassed and apologized for the drunken behavior. I gave him a flower I happened to have and he seemed to brighten up.

Sometimes a small gesture can completely change the mood of a bad situation.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Funny/Sad 4th Story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 04:11:52