SHOULD YOU GO FIRST

harpazo

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 06:15 am
The late Elmo Fagg (lead singer of the Blue Ridge Quartet) recited the following poem in their rendition of the famous hymn "Beyond the Sunset" back in the late 1960s in an album that was nominated for a Grammy but lost. The title of the Album is America's TWELVE Favorite Hymns. I don't know the name of the author of the poem. I hope it will bless your heart and soul as you read it daily.

SHOULD YOU GO FIRST

Should you go first and I remain,
to walk the road alone, I'll live in memory's garden, dear, with happy days we've known. In Spring I'll wait for roses red, when fades the lilac blue. In early Fall when brown leaves call, I'll catch a glimpse of you.

for battles to be fought, each thing you've touched along the way will be a hallowed spot.
I'll hear your voice, I'll see your smile, though blindly I may grope, the memory of your helping hand will buoy me on with hope.

to finish with the scroll, no lengthening shadows shall creep in to make this life seem droll. We've known so much of happiness, we've had our cup of joy, and memory is one gift of God that death cannot destroy.

one thing I'd have you do: Walk slowly down that long, lone path, for soon I'll follow you.
I'll want to know each step you take that I may walk the same. For some day down that lonely road, you'll hear me call your name.

Your thoughts on this poem?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 289 • Replies: 7
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 06:30 am
@harpazo,
That's 'EXACTLY' where I'm 'AT'.
With my dogs
They 'went' First.

A brilliant perspective on the 'reflective'.
From a 'sincere' similar 'Actual' experience.

Great verse! Thanks for sharing!

I'm off to research this - Cheers!
Have a Lovely Day
mark noble

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 06:58 am
@harpazo,
Watched: 'I Wanna Go There, On The Wings Of A Dove, Somebody Touched Me, Where No One Stands Alone, '94 Grand Ole Gospel Reunion', Gone, It's Worth it All, Streets of Gold, He is the One & A Thing called Love.

Nice people.

Moreso Underwhelmed though.
Have a Lovely Day
harpazo

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 12:38 pm
@mark noble,
I hate to rain on your sunny day but the only animal mentioned in the Bible in terms of heaven is a horse. The apostle John talks about Jesus returning from heaven in Second Coming glory riding on a horse. All the saints also on horses. No other mention of animals in heaven in the Bible.

Visit link below.

https://www.learnreligions.com/jesus-christ-heavens-armies-white-horse-124110
harpazo

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2020 12:41 pm
@mark noble,
I love Christian music.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 10:06 am
@harpazo,
I love the rain.

I'm not headed to 'Bible-Heaven'.
I'm already in heaven - - - And there are heaps of animals and plants here.

Life is Awesome! Failing to recognise such - Is a waste, or not, perhaps.
Have a Lovely Day
harpazo

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 07:42 pm
@mark noble,
Believe whatever you want. I trust the Bible. God selected the right people to write His Holy Word. Read the first chapter of the book of John.
mark noble

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 09:50 am
@harpazo,
Read the 'last' chapter of 'John'...

It was added - Is not of the same construct as the rest of 'John' - And personalises an UNSIGNED piece of 'Nicean (Catholic) prescribed' literature that 'John' DID NOT write.

In Fact - NONE of the Gospels Are Signed - Luke & Mark were NOT even apostles (Latterday Doctor) and understudent of Peter, respectively.

Next time you talk christian beliefs - Learn stuff, First.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » SHOULD YOU GO FIRST
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:08:35