Should I feel guilty for not helping out?

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 08:42 pm
I’ve been seeing the same man for nine months and things are progressing rather serious way. However we live two hours apart so we see each other on weekends and for the most part he drives to me. He needs outpatient surgery and I had offered to assist him with the first several days before the coronavirus came about. He is now pursuing the surgery but I am reluctant to assist in at this time especially because my adult child is visiting me and she is extremely concerned about either one of us seeing people which is not absolutely critical. Example she’s not going to see any of her friends at all while she’s visiting me for a couple of weeks because she doesn’t wanna take any chances.

Because of this she has talked me out of my boyfriend (And so have my sisters) and I know she’s not totally wrong. And addition I have not been feeling that way myself but has nothing to do with the coronavirus. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow make sure all is OK My boyfriend tonight sounded surprised when he indicated that he look forward to seeing you this weekend and I reminded him really depends on how I felt. He said well unless you’re in the hospital or it’s dangerous to drive id thought you’d at least hero the first couple days get me back on my feet. He is having hip replacement surgery. he’s good to me at my children but on the other hand picture here and he does have a few friends you can rely on that live in his immediate area. Because of the distance I can’t be into places at the same time on the same day. Again he is very very good to me usually extremely reliable person but this is just a different situation unfortunately. Am I wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 283 • Replies: 4
No top replies

knaivete

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:22 pm
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:24 pm
@Feelguilt321,
If I were in your position, I would follow through on my offer. Whichever you choose, it's something he will remember forever.

That isn't advice, because I'm not you.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:26 pm
Is this deja vu all over again?
knaivete

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:36 pm
@glitterbag,
It's jamais vu all over and over and over again, admuseum into places at once.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I feel guilty for not helping out?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:07:08