YouGov surveys

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:02 pm
I've been getting numerous surveys each week, Not this week.
I've noticed no surveys concerning the protests. Could be they are afraid of what they would find.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 485 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:19 pm
I have to back track. I looked them up on facebook. They have done some but did not include me.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 09:26 am
@edgarblythe,
I had to look them up. You probably shouldn't engage with them.

Quote:
YouGov is a British international Internet-based market research and data analytics firm, headquartered in the UK, with operations in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.

Wikpedia

Who did you think they were?
Quote:
I've noticed no surveys concerning the protests. Could be they are afraid of what they would find.

Clearly, they are a for-profit market research group. How do you sell the poll data to corporations for the corporations to sell junk to you?

Did you really think the US government was using this page for polling research?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 09:29 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't recall saying they were connected with the government. I have been advised by them how many countries are involved. It is common knowledge they get big bucks for their research.
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 09:41 am
@edgarblythe,
These companies get big bucks to sell their data to companies who want to know which audiences to sell their junk to. How would riots and protests determine what audience wants what kind of laundry detergent?

You're giving their (maybe not so malicious) raison d'etre too much legitimacy. It's not a conspiracy. I bet these subjects hold no interest for them and their client. You are not their client. You are where they get their profits from. You're their cattle. They get their research from mining you and selling this data to other companies. It's simple as that.

Their research ain't for academic and history's sake.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:19 am
That makes them very much the same as Facebook, Google, and lots of other interests, some of which you are using.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » YouGov surveys
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:45:18