Advice me how to get rid of toxic friends

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 11:09 am
I have friends, I always help them whenever they want me but when I need 'em, they're gone. I'm pissed but when they ask for help again I will help them out. What should I do? Share your experiences here
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 228 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 11:53 am
@nzarar 17,
I think you have to come to a point when you feel that is it. That is what happened to me.

I had one friend like that - I guess I just did not realize how one sided our friendship was. In part she was going to law school so whenever she did not want to meet up or talk or something - she was so busy because law school is so demanding. So I would be understanding.

Then I met someone and got engaged. Now planning a wedding does take quite a bit of time and this "friend" was going to be in my wedding. She got mad at me because we were going to meet for coffee one day and I asked her if I could bag out - between work and all this planning was tired (now it was just coffee and she canceled on me all the time). She got mad and said you never have time for your friends any more - now this was the only time I had ever canceled and I said I figured you would understand - I told her I understood when she had to cancel because of law school - which she proceeded to flip out at me and say - well that is important. I did let her know that making a lifetime commitment in marriage was important to me and she got upset and said I don't think I want to be in your wedding.

Immediately after that - we had a tragic thing happen during this time - my fiance's dad was killed in an accident so we had to fly out that day. I canceled my bachelorette weekend away as a result. When I got back from all that she called me - I figured she would be sympathetic. Instead she immediately went at me saying you didn't call - well my mom took care of that for me as I said because I flew out to be with the family.

Then it hit me - how selfish is she being! We had a death in the family and all she cared about was that I did not personally call her to tell her the weekend was off - so that broke the camel's back - I said firmly but calmly - "That's it - I no longer want to be friends with you!"

So my opinion if your friends are like that - just end it. Don't let it drag to the point where you wonder to yourself what the h*ll am I thinking - or to the point that any idiot like me - would know this is not a friend.

So hopefully you are smarter than I was!
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 11:38 am
@nzarar 17,
Isaiah Hankel, youtube - How to avoid toxic .......

Or 'Dandipani' (The Energy Alchemist), youtube.

Or.... Live & Learn...

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Advice me how to get rid of toxic friends
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.32 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:16:57