Turning an organic powder white

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:46 pm
Does anyone know how to turn an organic colored powder white? Possibly bleaching and if so how can I do that? Greatly appreciate the help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 403 • Replies: 12
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 May, 2020 08:58 pm
@Fitnowfitness,
You probably need to supply more information.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 09:48 am
@Fitnowfitness,
like I wouldnt bleach a TNT or DNT with chlorine bleach. You could render the compound sensitive.

what is the organic powder ?
Fitnowfitness

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 01:07 pm
@farmerman,
The powder is cbd powder
0 Replies

Fitnowfitness

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 01:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have cabs powder in one of my stores. It's legal and my customers prefer a white powder
Fitnowfitness

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 01:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Chad powder
0 Replies

Fitnowfitness

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 01:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Dang typos. Sorry. It's cbd powder
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 01:12 pm
@Fitnowfitness,
You have me stumped. Sorry.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
cbd is the THC junk that everybody;s taking for some reason right??.
I think the brown color is lignin so look up bleaching lignin (I dont recc Sodium BiSulphite cause I think you eat this **** no? Calci um Hypochlorite (swimming pool chlorine ) will bleach but I dont know if its safe to at without sveral dozen water washes. I bleach dyed leather for horse wear and biker vests, we dont eat reigns as far as I know so you need to consult bleaching for edibles.

roger

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 02:23 pm
@Fitnowfitness,
Just an opinion, but I don't believe you have any business adulterating any product intended to be taken internally.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 02:52 pm
I've used CBD a number of times. I like using it, but it is too hard to buy where I live, so I gave it up. I don't understand a reason to bleach it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 May, 2020 03:00 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Just an opinion, but I don't believe you have any business adulterating any product intended to be taken internally.

People bleach flour. I would assume that you could do a similar process.

I think they use chlorine gas (which doesn't stick around in the finished product).
0 Replies

Fitnowfitness

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 11:28 am
@farmerman,
So if I used either chemical to bleach how would I go about that? Would I let the cbd sit in the chemical for a day or so then filter it or use evaporation to retrieve the cbd powder afterwards?
0 Replies