Grandmaster Flash talks "The Theory" of being a Hip-Hop DJ & the beginnings Of Hip-Hop!!

Reply Sun 10 May, 2020 01:44 am
Grandmaster Flash talks "The Theory" of being a Hip-Hop DJ & the beginnings Of Hip-Hop!!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 470 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 06:52 pm
Understanding Beats, Measures & Timing as a DJ

Quote:
Take your time with this. There's no rush man. There's no rush. You got time. There's all the time in the world to learn this stuff. Master it the right way. In a healthy way. Give yourself the proper amount of practice time to soak this up physically, sonically and I promise you man, when you start DJing out after you've really developed the knowledge, the technical approach to this art, you're gonna be a monster. You're gonna be shittin' on dudes.

The problem right now is so many people wanna be a DJ RIGHT NOW that they rush the process of mastering these subtle details like dropping on the "and" of "one". It's like "Ok you drop on the one? Ok I'm good! I have the equipment. Alright I'm good! I have the mp3s! LET'S DJ. LET'S GET PAID! i wanna ******* rock out! I want people to know who I am!"

And it's a process.

0 Replies