Posting an image

Kris148

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:02 pm
I have used the BB Code Editor yet seen unable to post a image. What am I doing wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 341 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:27 pm
@Kris148,

the second bracket has to have a forward slash -- [/img]
Kris148

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:33 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks. Will try that. @Region Philbis
Kris148

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 04:37 pm
@Kris148,
Still no dice @Region Philbis
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 05:12 pm
@Kris148,

https://film-grab.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/6340.jpg

Code:[img]https://film-grab.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/6340.jpg[/img]

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 05:14 pm
@Kris148,

i can see the image, but it might only be because i went directly to the image on film-grab.com to see what it was.

if you save it to your device and then upload it to imgur.com, everyone will be able to see it...
0 Replies

Kris148

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 05:25 pm
@Region Philbis,
How about uploading to my computer. Is there a way i can do that?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 05:27 pm
@Kris148,

right-click and SaveAs will download it to your computer.

then upload it to imgur...
Kris148

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 06:16 pm
@Region Philbis,
What is imgur. Too much like hard work. Why not only a simple copy and paste like most other forums?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 May, 2020 10:55 am
@Kris148,
Kris148 wrote:

What is imgur. Too much like hard work. Why not only a simple copy and paste like most other forums?

This forum doesn't host image files. If you don't like it? Then go be active on the forums that do host the actual image files.

Those who manage and run a2k chosen to not take up gigabytes/inevitable terabytes of valuable space on their servers because this is how they prioritize managing their system and forum user interface. It's a compromise that keeps page uploads to a certain size and speed to the end-user.

Uploading the image files to a third party isn't as draconian as you're making it to be. It's just a few more steps to the individual user's participation here. Not an incredibly difficult set but necessary ones to help keep the forum well-maintained and (I suspect) free to use as to all.

As an active member of a2k, like society in general, the individual needs to put in some effort to help maintain and build upon the system as a whole.

Didn't you recently ask about changing your avatar? Why haven't you followed through with that? Doing these small things can make sites like a2k that much more satisfying and worth the effort. It's free. I suspect given the global circumstances, you like a few billion other people, you have a ton of free time on your hands. It could be worth your time spent here. Plus, learning these small things makes the internet as a whole more appreciation worthy.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Posting an image
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:25:22