a24 Film Memorabilia Auction? #sweet!

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 08:55 am
a24 Auction
The flower dress from Midsommar will be put up for auction (proceeds to charities of course).
https://imgur.com/KOOjSUl.jpg

What charity-based auction or ... regular auctions have you found super intriguing? Have you bought any film memorabilia from a charity auction before?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 791 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 02:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
Never bought film memorabilia...probably not in my price range. Never been to a charity auction either. The only auction in my past was a Chinese Auction back in Junior High school. (maybe it was a charity event....I don't rightly recall)
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 03:29 pm
@Sturgis,
I had to look up what a Chinese auction was.
With Certain Words, Watch Your Mouth
How to Organize a Chinese Auction
Quote:
A Chinese auction is essentially the combination of a silent auction and a raffle. Rather than having bid sheets, bidders buy tickets and use those to bid for prizes. The more you want something, the more tickets you put in the jar to increase your odds of winning.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2020 03:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Im an auction junkie but have to say, IVE NEVER atta sports or movie memoribilia auction because usually the rices are house nased. For xample, I saw a Lobby poster of the original KING KONG . It was the one where Kong has Faye Wray in his mitts and you can see a little niplage . The pre auction estimate was 1500 to 2000$. It sold for many times that because two rich clowns wanted it or their trophy beach houses.
Im a fan of primitive tools and blanket chests as well as antique Arts n Crafts pottery (Newcomb, Fulper, Robinaeu, Sat Evening Girls, etc). Im also a big collector of Native American weapons, primarily Paleo-Indian and "contact period metal". Ive seen som really stunning pieces in my time and some prices that would stun a mule. I was at an auction where a large "hand axe or knife" with perfect provenance and some history of its discovery sold for a whopping 325,000 $ including a 10% buyers premium. It was a very finely crafted piece mmade of a local ohio shert and was found at a paleo site in Ohio that was discovered by a farmer on his land. The farmr then sold it dor 10 bucks and it was passed around and sold several times since its discovery in about 1920. There were site photos, bills of sale and stuff that cemented its provenance. It last sold for under 10000$ and the extreme appreciation was because the Ohio market , at that time, was boiling hot.

Thats another thing, Memorabilia "has its time, after which it begins to fade in sirability"
Lots of Disney **** is in a fairly steady decline since the george W Bush days.

I o picking at auctions an garage sales . Its fun .

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a24 Film Memorabilia Auction? #sweet!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:05:23