cherrie

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 01:53 am
@neptuneblue,
What does that matter?
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2020 07:29 am
@cherrie,
Why wouldn't it matter?

300 coupons for a dollar off pizzas isn't a good deal. A universal gift card to spend any way the user wants is a good deal.
Wizzer249

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 03:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
A petrol card for $300 a month
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 07:56 pm
@cherrie,
because one person's benefit is another person's meh

I used to have a manager that regularly gave me gift cards for the liquor store. I pretty much don't drink. She thought the gifts had value. They didn't. Cash would have been much better.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 08:01 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:
Why would he give him extra money

uhh because that's the standard in a lot of frontline jobs these days. starting with at least $4/hr increases for at least 16 weeks. That's about a 25% increase over minimum wage for folks like clerks and cashiers. Money in the paycheque is what is keeping some people in those jobs. They can't be fired (provincial and federal laws preventing firings related to covid) and layoffs mean big $$ for low paid employees. Employers are kind of stuck trying to keep their employees happy.
cherrie

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 11:08 pm
@ehBeth,
That's not happening here. The government has introduced a Jobkeeper program under which eligible businesses are paid $1500 per employee per fortnight to go towards their wages. The OP has stated that his business does not qualify for this payment.

The employee in this case was offered extra work to earn more money but he refused that and continued to complain about not earning enough.

The entire sentence that you quoted was 'Why would he give him extra money for doing nothing when he has the option to work more and earn more?' This was in response to a suggestion that he be paid a bonus.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 02:09:24