Dutch court allows euthanasia in advanced dementia cases

BillRM

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2020 02:06 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

No.
I believe 'anyone' should have a right to die.

As others had stated no one however have the right to pressure someone to end their lives with special note of a caregiver who the person depend on.

0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 08:08 am
@Brandon9000,
That's called 'Murder'.
It's a different topic.

But, it is also NOT the responsibility of others to keep you alive.

Why should anyone spend time, labour or finances sustaining the 'unresponsive'?

Have a Lovely Day
BillRM

Reply Tue 28 Apr, 2020 09:26 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

That's called 'Murder'.
It's a different topic.

But, it is also NOT the responsibility of others to keep you alive.

Why should anyone spend time, labour or finances sustaining the 'unresponsive'?

Have a Lovely Day

Lovely day as it is more likely that the dear family in many cases are more concern over the saving of the man or woman funds for themselves not their own funds.
maxdog

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 06:30 am
@mark noble,
For me it s selfish to decide for others that are in pain and you re fine .
mark noble

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2020 09:24 am
@maxdog,
I Never 'decide' for 'others', Max.
I'm just pointing out the obvious.
Nobody, other than you, is responsible for Any aspect of your wellbeing.

Whether others choose to be, is an altruistic (Moral) choice.
Your compassion is clearly divisible, though.
Have a Lovely Day
maxdog

Reply Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:53 am
@mark noble,
In a terrorisim attack no body is responsible for what happen to their selves. The attackers are responsible. So it s not a fact.
Thanks I had a lovely one .
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 2 May, 2020 11:35 am
@BillRM,
Do none of you, even try to, understand - Logic?
IT IS NOT ANYONES' RESPONSIBILITY OR DUTY TO OVERSEE ANYONES' WELLBEING.

If you, somehow, believe you're ENTITLED to 'Otherwise' - So be it.
Have a fantastic Now
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 May, 2020 06:38 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Do none of you, even try to, understand - Logic?
IT IS NOT ANYONES' RESPONSIBILITY OR DUTY TO OVERSEE ANYONES' WELLBEING.

If you, somehow, believe you're ENTITLED to 'Otherwise' - So be it.
Have a fantastic Now

My my so allowing people to be pressure to end their lives is fine with you?

An yes there can be a moral duty at the very very least to take care of others an in some cases a legal duty to do so.

My ,mother for example kept thanking me for taking care of her in her last days on earth and my reply was that she and my father and her parents for that matter gave me a wonderful life and I was delighted to be able to return in very small part the love and caring they gave me.

Turning your back on someone that can not longer take care of themselves is the same morally as turning your back on an infant and is the kind of behavior we do not even allow when it come to our pets let alone family members.
mark noble

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 08:17 am
@BillRM,
This has Nothing to do with moral-altruism.

Nobody is 'Responsible' for the wellbeing of anyone.
They might well 'assume' responsibility and/or be programmed to 'react' in accordance with socio-cultural expectations (Parent-Child, Sibling, etc.)
But... There is NO Omniversal decree that compels Any being to do Anything 'other' than it so chooses.

I would not ignore an ailing person - But Have NO 'Duty' to help them - Nor, should they 'expect' as much.

And Your Reality is Yours.
Have a lovely day
BillRM

Reply Mon 4 May, 2020 02:15 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

This has Nothing to do with moral-altruism.

Nobody is 'Responsible' for the wellbeing of anyone.
They might well 'assume' responsibility and/or be programmed to 'react' in accordance with socio-cultural expectations (Parent-Child, Sibling, etc.)
But... There is NO Omniversal decree that compels Any being to do Anything 'other' than it so chooses.

I would not ignore an ailing person - But Have NO 'Duty' to help them - Nor, should they 'expect' as much.

And Your Reality is Yours.

Then by that logic parents do not have a duty to take care of their new born infants.
mark noble

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 08:07 am
@BillRM,
Indeed.

One's 'Duties' are self-imposed.
Typically, in accord with one's life-experience, in a societal/cultural format.

You 'Are' conditioned by 'experience' to be No other than that you have been led to believe yourself to be.

Feeling 'ENTITLED' to ..... "ANYTHING" from anyone/anything... is the Epitome of self-Delusion.

Have a Lovely day
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 May, 2020 08:52 am
@mark noble,
Sorry but people do indeed have both a moral and a legal duty to provide aid to others depending on relationships.

You must for one example offer aid to a drowning child if you happen to be a legal guardian of that child or a life guard or even a teacher with that child on a field trip.

True if you are an unfeeling monster you can get away with watching a drowning child that you have no duty to drown.

An elderly person that no longer can care for themselves and related care givers have a similar moral and in some cases legal duty to provide aid an comfort.
maxdog

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 01:13 am
@BillRM,
If I create a human, a new born baby, I don t have the obligation to take care of him ?

Is that what you mean ?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 9 May, 2020 06:55 am
@BillRM,
Bill.
'Morality' is a prescription-based conditioning mechanism.
Good vs Evil, God vs Satan, Right conduct vs wrong conduct, etc.

And, if you accept your'self' as a part of the herd-mentality that (By like-measure) indoctrinated 'your' mentality... So be it.

I'm on the 'side' of positivity and decent conduct in the foundation of all experience. BUT - It is NO others' responsibility than mine to realise and/or reproduce said characteristics.

This (Life) is your journey, Bill. Glad you're a, brief, part in mine!

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 05:31:14