Underlying conditions for Covid-19 deaths

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:01 am
A very sad feature story about a beloved teacher who died of CV-19 was on TV this morning. She was only 59. At the end of the feature they showed her picture. The woman must have weighed 300 pounds!

Diabetes and obesity seems to be a common denominator in CV-19 DEATHS from what I can tell.

What say you?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 455 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2020 09:07 am
@PUNKEY,
Hi BP (unCONTROLLED)
Asthma seems up there
COPD
Diabetes and obesity
Any immuno compromising condition
These were the ones I hard on the Dr John Campbell worldwide updates. As he says these are most common among the elderly >60 years old.

Doesnt mean that younger pople arent dying too but their numbers are much less.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2020 01:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
Your chances of surviving anything are better the more healthy you are.

The odd thing about Covid is the extreme variation in effect is has in the population.

But this could be just a statistical normality for any "Novel" virus. I don't think we've seen a novel virus released into the human population before, or at least not in a long time. It's possible that in any population (human or otherwise), the blanked immunity (herd immunity) that a population normally carries, blunts the statistical extremes of an infection.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 09:13 am
A close relative of one of a2k's members is dying of the virus. The member posted it on Facebook. It's someone who only rarely posts here these days.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2020 09:37 am
@PUNKEY,
I'm pretty sure you can post a picture of everyone who has died and find something about their appearance to question.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Underlying conditions for Covid-19 deaths
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:56:11