Fighting in school

Tarekh

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 07:02 am
Can you get suspended from school if someone fights you and even if you didn't defend yourself or fight back I heard that some people say that they were suspended even if they didn't defend themselves and some for 1 day and some for even 2 weeks is that true if it is then why do they suspend you, you didn't defend yourself or fight back is it because they don't know if you fought back or not or is it because they want to punish both students even if you are innocent.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 404 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:44 am
A walk away solves that, huh?
roger

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:52 am
@PUNKEY,
Probably - if they let you.
0 Replies

Tarekh

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 03:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
Could you please answer me
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:04 am
@Tarekh,
How would we know what the exclusion policies are at your school?

You’ve not even said what country you’re from.

Suspensions tend to be decided locally by senior management.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:53 am
@Tarekh,
Quote:
Can you get suspended from school if someone fights you and even if you didn't defend yourself or fight back I heard that some people say that they were suspended even if they didn't defend themselves and some for 1 day and some for even 2 weeks is that true if it is then why do they suspend you, you didn't defend yourself or fight back is it because they don't know if you fought back or not or is it because they want to punish both students even if you are innocent.

1. You are saying that this is something you heard.

2. So, you may not know the entire story.

3. You don't know if relevant information was left out.

4. You may not know the full circumstances regarding these incidents.

5. Just because the one student didn't fight back, doesn't necessarily mean he was (entirely) innocent.

6. Do you know if the person who didn't fight back wasn't doing any of the instigating?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 08:39 am
@Tarekh,
You would need to read your school handbook. Now if this is a case of that the school typically does this - then it is difficult to know unless you personally experienced this yourself.

That being said if the school handbook does not say something along the lines of anyone who is at all involved in a fight is immediately suspended for x number of days.... then you have a "fight" against the school. Typically there is a process in which you can object to a suspension - there is likely a committee that would investigate the claims to determine if the suspension is fully warranted.

Also depending on your country and/or state - there is potential legal actions that could fight if the handbook/policy is determined to be unlawful.

So I would start with the student hand book - see what it states about fighting and then go from there.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:19 am
@Tarekh,
Tarekh wrote:

People lie. More cameras are needed in schools, like on school buses, so students will have evidence to back up their claims of innocence when they are not lying.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fighting in school
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:32:49