Vent Pipe Decor Ideas

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2020 10:06 am
I have an exposed vent pipe in my rural home living room that once was connected to a heating stove and vented into the chimney. I do not want to cut the sealed pipe flush behind the wall in case I want to reconnect to a wood stove/heater at some later point. What ideas do you have to decorate around that vent pipe (8" diameter) that protrudes about 4" out from the wall? Up to this point I have put a decorative plate over the end of the pipe and encircled it with a decorative wreath. But, I am ready for a change and looking for other ideas to keep it from looking so awkward. Thanks...and go!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,588 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2020 06:29 pm
@mrjanes915,
a clock,(thats probably the most uncreative but practical one) or. get a copper plate to use as an escutcheon and put in a large industrial Pressure gage As a mood indicator. You can screw with the face of the gage.

An old 33 record album cover on a 4" thick frame? naah, . Sit down in front of it, Ill bet ideas ll come flooding into your head.

We have a 200+ year old house that used to be a tavern and a post office. They rented rooms in the second and third floor (there are 2 attic rooms).ALL of em had chimney pipes connected to a central chimney. We used to get bats flying into this one room in the morning (they returned from woorking all night) and they used the chimney as a garage door. We put a chimney flue cover and vent on the roof , and sealed up the entire chimney with Steel wool and a plug of "Great stuff" We also pressure cemented all the other flues except for thw downstairs fireplaces and stoves and two fireplaces up stairs . These were two great chimneys ith big vents and caps and were relined with asbestos cement and SS liners.

DONT let the rainwater get in there or itll ruin the **** out of your masonary.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Vent Pipe Decor Ideas
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:26:12