If immortality was a thing

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 12:39 pm
Do you think it would be enjoyable to live forever? What do you think the limits would be in terms of years? Do you think that if they ever come up with this technology it would be limited to rich people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 314 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 03:10 pm
You've got several questions there. No way in hell I'd want to live forever. I'd not be much interested in living very far beyond my three score and ten unless I had reasonable good health. Who'd want to live for centuries in a state of decrepitude? The question is more a matter of what quality of life one could expect with an enhanced life expectancy.

In the 1990s, Kim Stanley Robinson wrote a Mars trilogy: Red Mars, Green Mars and Blue Mars. A good deal of the narrative is taken up with the consequences enhancements which, effectively, allow people to live for centuries. The ability of the rich to get the treatments, while the "salt of earth" cannot is blended with what we would call climate change to explain widespread regional wars. In effect, the citizens of poor nations, largely in the southern hemisphere, launch human wave attacks against the wealthy nations, having not very much to lose.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 18 Mar, 2020 05:10 pm
If the immortality enabled you to stay strong and healthy, yes, I would want to live forever. If you get more and more feeble but don't die, that's something else.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 05:44 pm
@evelynhayes,
Why do you think you 'Don't' live Forever?
Let me teach you something.
You Will ALWAYS BE YOU!
Eek!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If immortality was a thing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:48:08