Coronavirus 2

maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 07:30 am
Now that in Italy football games are being played without supporters there is no more gate money for the clubs .
Clubs are getting crazy because that s were players huge income comes and have to be paid anyway .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 357 • Replies: 19
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 08:43 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Now that in Italy football games are being played without supporters there is no more gate money for the clubs .
Clubs are getting crazy because that s were players huge income comes and have to be paid anyway .

If we would ever get hit with a real problem such as Spanish Flu of 1918 where tens of millions die worldwide I can not see how the hell we would not come apart worldwide.

Hell my condo office is limiting the business they will do with the condo owners and this is south Florida hardly ground zero for this virus.

Hate needing to agree with Trump but this is way way overblown
maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 01:25 pm
@BillRM,
hopefully we do not have to die in millions and that they find a cure , but in this soccer money thing I m happy with it because of the insane wages players are getting paid when there is so much poverty , someday everyone will say trump is right .
BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 01:42 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

hopefully we do not have to die in millions and that they find a cure , but in this soccer money thing I m happy with it because of the insane wages players are getting paid when there is so much poverty , someday everyone will say trump is right .

As no one would paid players anymore then they are worth to the owners of the teams no matter how insane those wages seems compare to the average level of wages in their societies that what the market demand.
maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 01:53 pm
@BillRM,
so you think it s good and justified to have a wage of 500 000 euros a week?
engineer

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 02:29 pm
@maxdog,
Good, hard to say. Justified, Yes. That's what people are willing to pay. As for not having gate receipts. , most pro teams make their money off of merchandise and TV rights, so I don't think the teams are hurting.
BillRM

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 04:50 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

so you think it s good and justified to have a wage of 500 000 euros a week?

So you would wish the power to overrule the market an place your idea repeat your idea of a fair wages for those players?

Bet the billionaire owners of those teams would be happy as more of the wealth go to them from the players.

It sure the hell is not going go to the fans and they already had stated their willingness to paid the wages an other costs by the act of buying the tickets that no one force them to buy.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 10:26 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
...real problem such as The Spanish Flu of 1918... I cannot see how... we would not come apart worldwide.

Humans are amazingly resilient. It would most likely take more than the estimated 50 million+ fatalities of the 1918 flu to end is all.

There is possibly a greater risk of the final death tally from Covid-19 being substantially higher than the 1918 illness.

1) Larger population

2) Air travel is commonly used these days. Plenty of recirculated air inside those planes.

3) Higher percentage of people moving around in various forms of vehicular traffic.

4) Tightly packed trains used to travel to and from work and elsewhere

5) More stores and more people using them for buying anything and everything. In 1918, many people grew their own food, many made their own clothing...

Time will tell if this turns into a major epidemic with millions of deaths.
maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:16 pm
@engineer,
People have to pay them because of they are fanatic . Being fanatic is stupid and not healthy.I heard from 1 match they are losing from 3 million to 6 million euros, of course they are getting crazy. Im happy for this .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:24 pm
@BillRM,
Who cares about a market that the poor supporter gets nothing than only spending.?
No one force them to buy tickets as a drug addict no one force him to buy drugs but still drugs are bad and not healthy for society if not for him.
maxdog

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2020 11:28 pm
@Sturgis,
I always saw that globalization it s not healthy , this is an example but people don t believe until they are in **** .
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 05:49 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

Who cares about a market that the poor supporter gets nothing than only spending.?
No one force them to buy tickets as a drug addict no one force him to buy drugs but still drugs are bad and not healthy for society if not for him.

So you wish overlords to be appointed to protect the people from what you consider their own bad judgment.

Next the drugs laws are not helpful as they never been able to stop one addict from getting drugs an only useful in filling up the prisons of mainly harmless people an providing the funding for violence drug gangs that only can exist due to the drug laws
maxdog

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 09:39 am
@BillRM,
Yes for a better future these crazy expensive ticket money have to stop.
It s an abuse of the stupidity of the vulnebre fans.
Yes you re right with the drugs, it is also a desperate scenario.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 09:43 am
It is what it is no matter the importance of the game or what so ever, it s still a football game played in a field . They don t deserve that gate money.
I would pay that money to police , doctors and rescuers that they risk their lives to save others.
engineer

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 12:42 pm
@maxdog,
Ok, then don't go to the game and donate the money as you see fit. Others might have a different opinion.
maxdog

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 04:22 pm
@engineer,
It is not called opinion , it s logic
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2020 04:58 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

It is what it is no matter the importance of the game or what so ever, it s still a football game played in a field . They don t deserve that gate money.
I would pay that money to police , doctors and rescuers that they risk their lives to save others.

You are free to spend your money as you wish however you are not free to force your opinions on others.

Plenty of people calling me and asking me to donate funds to the police and fire department members an then it is up to me just as it is up to me spending money or not on live sport events.
maxdog

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2020 02:39 am
@BillRM,
Yes I agree, it s your money.
But if I was one of those live rescue official and you call me for something you need and I know how is your opinion,I will tell you , call your idol now, you respect them more by contribute to their crazy salary .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 10:21 pm
And the fans they are really happy with their attitude , psg vs b dortmund was played with closed doors because of the virus spread issue and they went outside the stadium creating the crowd anyway .
Probably the same persons say that beleive in god is stupid 😄
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2020 11:06 pm
and another big thing is that the whole world knows a loooooot about Ronaldo that gave nothing to the world , and knows nothing about André-Marie Ampère that gave a loooooot to the world.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Coronavirus 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/10/2024 at 06:13:52