Cat stopped eating normal food

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 06:35 am
My cat is about 7 yrs old. She has been eating the same Wilderness dry food free choice for the 6 years I have had her. I moved (on a plane) out of the country and she just stopped eating it. She does eat the locally available food, but its probably lower quality and the result is a smelly litter box.
Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 287 • Replies: 6
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 12:32 pm
@Parrotfish,
Parrotfish wrote:

My cat is about 7 yrs old. She has been eating the same Wilderness dry food free choice for the 6 years I have had her. I moved (on a plane) out of the country and she just stopped eating it. She does eat the locally available food, but its probably lower quality and the result is a smelly litter box.
Any thoughts?

Suggest you might try mixing some of her old food in small amounts with the food she will now eat and then try very slowly increasing the percent of old food in her dish.
0 Replies

Parrotfish

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 01:22 pm
Thanks, I tried that from the beginning, but she just picks around the old food.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 09:09 pm
Are you saying the cat went with you? On the plane?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 02:20 am
@Parrotfish,
Cats hate moving, when we moved a mile down the road one of my cats started making dirty protests.

They're also very fussy and get tired of the same thing. Whenever I buy them food I alternate between two brands, get them the one they didn't have last time.

If your cat is eating then everything is OK. Tastes change.
Parrotfish

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 07:44 am
@PUNKEY,
yes, and the food went with through the airport scanner
0 Replies

Parrotfish

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 07:45 am
@izzythepush,
could be, but I moved down the road in June and she was okay with that. I will have to change eventually anyway
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cat stopped eating normal food
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:18:23