1st cuz to worst haircut-What was your worst cust serv exp?

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 11:45 am
Pushy salespeople, not being listened to, being treated like an imbecile.

How have you handled really bad experiences?

For me, I place people that work at gyms, fitness clubs, whatever about a notch below used car salesmen.

The men (boys acutally- they're usually between 17 and 22) who work there treat women like we have about two brain cells. Hey, who's making closer to 6 figures, you or me?

And the young girls that work there are of course the type who wouldn't question anything someone with a penis would say - even if they were saying the sky was brown.

What is it with the game playing? I once asked the manager (big deal) of this place I was going to if there were people that worked there who knew CPR.
I can't even describe the idiocy that resulted.
I have always either gone to gyms or had equipment at home (that I actually use!) so I know my capacity.
However, I was becoming really concerned since I would see really obese people, like over 300 pounds doing strenuous aerobic type exercise on bikes, ellipticals etc. and they were obviously very near passing out.
One person really looked like they could have had a coronary.

Not being a busybody - but really concerned that someone would end up dropping dead - I told that particular person to stop what they were doing, and why.
It was a woman in her fifties who didn't look like she had ever done much, and when she was able to talk told me she had no idea what she should be doing.

Anyway - upon telling the manager this - This guy young enough to be my son lectures me on how that hurt that poor womans feelings.
Well, better hurt feelings than dead.

Thank God my remodeling is to the point where I could put my own equipment back in my house, and exercise to the Archies singing Sugar Sugar. Very Happy Laughing

Anyway, most of the time, it's not worth the agita, but sometimes, it's too much.

Again - what are some methods ya'll use without falling into the mistake of anger?

I mean - all anyone really wants is to be treated fairly when they've put out their hard earned dollars, right?
It's not a power contest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 511 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:25 pm
Health clubs are not in business to improve anyone's health. They're in business to make money. Period. That's why I stopped going to them years ago. Right after one of the "boys" who worked there (probably 17, if that) asked my opinion about whether he should take steroids.
Sheesh.

I am usually composed and vocal, but I always get angry later. I do not raise my voice in public (well, there WAS that one time...Wink) because that's against the Southern Women's Code of Honor. But I certainly can and do make my feelings known. And then I leave. I do not suffer fools for long.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:54 pm
One of the advantages of living in a rural area is dealing with polite people. Polite sales staff. Polite hospital clerks. Polite auto mechanics.

Polite makes for pleasant.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 03:08 pm
Eva wrote:
Health clubs are not in business to improve anyone's health. They're in business to make money. Period.

Boy don't I know That! It's amazing how many people think otherwise.
I could go on with that opinion, but I won't Smile

What I have problems with most often is when someone in sales (male) is denigrating your intelligence - and when you nicely but matter of factly let them know you're no ones fool, it turns into one of those situations where it's like "Well, I was only TRYING to help", thus putting you in the bi*ch category. When I'm trying to do business, I don't feel male or female, just human.
Yes - and that mostly happens with males. Funny, every male reading this will say, "that's not me" Well - it's Somebody!
When this happens it's just so clear that a male customer wouldn't be talked to that way.
To give equal time to females in customer service/sales - crap - they try to sucker you into this compliant female mode too.
Honey - my buying that Victoria's Secret Bra or Chanel parfum is not regulating me into the sex object category. No more than buying tile at home depot makes me a dyke.

Are there any sales people out there?
Seriously - what is going through your minds when practically dare the customer to get mad at you?
Do people really say - Well I'll show you - you're treating me so badly, I'm gonna double, no make that triple my order!

Treat me with respect and I'll not only return the favor, but spend my money their, come back and refer my friends to you.

Come on! Someone's gotta have some good tales, and how you resolved them - If so many people have gotten bad hair cuts - They've been let down in other areas too.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 04:32 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
One of the advantages of living in a rural area is dealing with polite people. Polite sales staff. Polite hospital clerks. Polite auto mechanics.

Polite makes for pleasant.

Politeness is one of the great casualties of urban life, Noddy. To quote Peter Katz, former executive director of the San Francisco-based Congress for the New Urbanism (watch Osso faint!):

"For people who conduct their lives by driving all around the region--going five miles for a haircut or two miles to the shoe repair shop--chances are that when they step out of their cars, they're among strangers: there's no connection. And that's when civility breaks down, when we conduct our lives among strangers."

I used that quote in a marketing study for a neighborhood revitalization plan in Nashville a few years ago. It explained, in a very clear and concise manner, why so many people are moving back to older neighborhoods. They're seeking more than simply a sense of place...they're looking for a sense of community. That connection is very precious indeed for those of us who live in cities.

It's much more difficult to be rude and obnoxious when you live and work in a close community. You're always aware that you have to live with the people you mistreat. In a city, you may never see them again, so it's relatively safe to be rude. <sigh>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 1st cuz to worst haircut-What was your worst cust serv exp?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 02:53:39