Left handed - affliction or no big deal?

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
The one I referred to is full of road rage every day of the year, walks into a big store with his hat shoved way back on his head (glances at a few prices then announces as I flee to the other end of the building "We're getting f---ed."), at age 50 works as a bag boy at a grocer, says he will have no close girlfriends so long as aids is out there, won't go out in a crowd (to a rock concert for instance). I called him approximately the same intelligence only because he is so well versed in astronomy and because he has such a widespread knowledge that stands him good in games of trivia or watching Jeopardy. Left handed compliment? I think not. I rarely even pay attention to which hand a person uses to pick his/her nose.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 04:07 pm
Um, so what are you getting him for Christmas?
Happy holiday to you and your siblings and to everyone, lefties and righties, have a fine weekend.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 04:20 pm
I haven't seen or heard from him since 1991.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 05:46 pm
Lefty here.

I've had no special difficulties, except for the odd butter knife and punch server with a lip on the wrong side, although shoe tie-ing was an ordeal. Could not get it until my left-handed aunt showed me --once-- and have been an accomplished shoe tie-er ever since.

I do all my scissors work with the left hand, even with right-handed scissors, because I can't work them right-handed.

I used to play the guitar right-handed, which is a bit of an overstatement since I barely played at all.

I think all left-handers are forced to be a little ambidextrious, because some tools and systems cannot be handled any other way.

There was a study a few years ago that indicated left-handers died younger than right-handers on average, which depressed me for awhile.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 05:50 pm
Probably stress, greyfan. Hopefully you will avoid that condition.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:01 pm
Every year that passes, edgar, reduces the odds of dying too young, though the crucial years lie yet before me.

-52 and still counting-
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 10:44:32