proper word for express that two things are religiously the same

KaJe

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 10:13 am
What is the most proper word in English to express that something is religiously the same as something else. I think about something which is the symbol of something else, in common usage, but I think that the essence of religion is that those two things are really regarded as the same. How to express? I think about something like the followings:
The wine is congruent(?) with the blood of Jesus.
All the fruits of that kind of tree are(?) the head of their god.
The horn is analogous(?) to the crescent of the Moon.
The shell is the equivalent(?) of vagina.
Of course, these are can expressed in many other ways, like "X" is regarded as "Y." But I search for a word which can be proper in most of the situations like the above.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 312 • Replies: 6
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 02:50 pm
@KaJe,
Maybe "symbolic"
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2020 08:14 pm
Transubstantiation.
KaJe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 09:50 am
@Miss L Toad,
This word is really about I'm talking about, my only problem is its being a noun, while I search for an adjective. So could you mention an adjective expressing someting similar? Which could really fit into the above sentences. Though I've also used "equivalent" as a noun, it's true, but only for not having a good adjective.
KaJe

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 10:04 am
@KaJe,
Well, the perfect word, if it existed, would be "one-essenced" or "collective essenced," if you understand.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 10:23 am
@KaJe,
Metaphor?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2020 05:54 pm
Hypostases
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » proper word for express that two things are religiously the same
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:45:49