What to do???

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2020 04:44 pm
I am in love with a lady with two younger children. I have 2 grown children. We have been together for about 8 months. She has met my parents. They do not like her. My dad has recently passed away. I have been taking care of both of them over the past few years. I live with them. Now, that my dad has passed, I have been really aiding and helping my mom. My girlfriend and I do not live together. We are not together right now, although are talking about our future. She wants to be with me as I with here. I will have to move out of my moms home and live closer to my girlfriend, eventually marrying her. My mom wants to severe all ties with me, if this happens. My mom is late 70's. I am early 50's and my girlfriend is younger that I.What should I do???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 169 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2020 05:03 pm
@Quandary4Love,
Your mother is being unrealistic. She had to have known you would eventually leave.
I suspect she's worried about being alone. Does she have activities or friends? She needs a support system that isn't centered around you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2020 06:57 pm
Have you asked your mother what she doesn't like about her?

Since she didn't like her before your dad passed, perhaps its more than just being alone.

Age 70’s is still young. Do you consider her active and independent, with friends or isolated and withdrawn. Why do you “have” to move out of your mother’s?

What are the ages of you and GF? What do your children think?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What to do???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:06:31