Fun Friday Posts/What do you carry stuff around in?

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:07 pm
What do you use to tote and or schlep around all the various stuff we need in the day to day commute, or in general? Please give as much detail as you like--Able2Know minds want to know -- Happy Friday!
Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,673 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:08 pm
I have a pet midget. He carries all my things for me.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:09 pm
Most days you'll find me with a small pocketbook and a back pack commuting to work -- The pack holds lunch, journal, reading material, date book, spackle, and whatever I'm carrying into the post office to mail that day (usually gifts or submissions to magazines, etc.).
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:10 pm
Slappy -- Lucky you!
Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:15 pm
Very stylish bulging pockets.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:18 pm
I have a cheap purse that is small but has lots of pockets and can go across my chest or over my shoulder. I try to use just pant/coat pockets when I can get away with it. In the summer when I'm hiking around with the kids I care for I have a blue cotton backpack with pok-a-dots.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:21 pm
So what do you use if you don't care for them?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:22 pm
The red backpack, roger.

C'mon man, you're slipping.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:29 pm
Roger- I'm with you. For years, when I went to work, I didn't carry a pocketbook- I carried a small satchel. I had everything in there but the kitchen sink. When I found myself tilting to one side because of the weight of the bag, I decided to change altogether.

I started using those little disco bags, and found that I really hadn't needed to drag around all the stuff I had been used to carrying around.

Now I don't carry a purse at all, except when I am dressed up, and don't want to look like a shoplifter, with stuff bulging out of my pockets. For casual wear, I don't care. When I try on something in a store, one of the first things that I do is put my wallet in the pocket of the garment, to see if it fits, and looks ok. If it doesn't, I don't buy it.

You have no idea how freeing it is not to have to go around dragging all that "stuff" with you!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:31 pm
Mostly the purse thing, along with the pockets thing, or heck, even the car thing when that is needed, and the camera bag if thats the situation, and yep, if someone is around their pockets as well, although only usually if I dont want to carry a purse and have run out of pockets myself, and well, they have a spare.
I should get one of those midgets, sounds like less thought needed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 03:36 pm
To be without my handbag would be like being a kangaroo without a pouch! It is, I believe, a security blanket type of thing.

I have a big, soft, black leather pouchy one, with dual straps, so it doubles as a back-pack for when I am walking a long way. It will fit my big work diary in, at a pinch, which is great for when I have meetings in the city that I can walk to.

It is full of important things - and crap - which I have to excavate and sort from time to time. It is like cleaning out my bedroom when I was a kid, doing that, and I hate it.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 04:26 pm
When I'm headed off for the whole day or more i carry one of those indestructable Jansports in a lovely purple color with my lip gunk, leather bound planner, random notebook, bag of food, and if it applies my laptop. But if I'm just out grocery shopping or digging around at good will I carry this little zipup tote bag that is just large enough to hold my cell phone, keys, bank card and carmex. I love it cause it fits in my coat pocket and it doesn't way 10,000 pounds.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 05:43 pm
Handbag, fanny pack if I am really on the more and a book bag when nescessary to carry extra stuff.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 05:55 pm
I'm into practical and cheep for toting 'stuff' - bought a medium-sized nylon canvas type thing which is a cross between a purse and a backpack - for $3.28 on Target clearance, it is a great and sturdy toter. When I've got more than usual to carry, it's a freebie Borders Outlet store canvas tote. What a fashion statement, eh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 06:54 pm
My winter purse is burgundy fake fur with satin trim. Very silly looking, but amazingly capacious, given how small it looks from the outside. There's a whole life in there. If I need to tote books or files back and forth, I toss the fluffy purse inside one of those single-strap knapsacks. I can stuff more in there than I can really carry. The other night I had the purse, a newspaper, a book, 3 pairs of pants, 4 king size pillow cases and some other miscellaneous junk stuffed in. I was tilting a bit from the weight of the bag.

In the summer, my purse is faux cow print, with a chiffon trim. Once again, totally silly looking, and very much NOT in keeping with my work image. I have a matching cow shaped cell phone case when I'm using that purse. (in the winter, it's the pig shaped cell phone cover).

The goofy purses really throw people off - they think they know me, and then they see the purses. Hehehehehehehehe - they really didn't have a clue.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 08:42 pm
clueless re ehBeth....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 08:51 pm
Edithdoll -- spackle?

I HAD a little squarish super-efficient black leather purse when I was working, and loved that thing. Clashes with motherhood, got a cheapie pocketbook thingie (I don't know what the proper terms are -- it's basically a glorified wallet) which has all credit cards, insurance cards, library cards, pen, cash, that kinda thing. If it's a legthy outing or when an imminent poop is suspected, I toss the pocketbook thingie in the diaper bag, which is black nylon and works as a backpack but has all these cool little pockets, like insulated ones on the side for sippy cup, very useful. If it's a shorter outing, it goes in small black leather backpack/ purse. In the summer, I walk almost everywhere, and then carry credit card, a bit of cash, the parks dept card (to get into beach free) with me in a pocket, that's it. Keys attach to a belt loop, usually.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 09:22 pm
ehBeth, I dont think its the purse that throws people off, I think its the cellphone cover

just so ya know

Smile
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 04:36 am
I just have a small purse big enough to hold my money, bank card, other cards, stamps, lottery tickets, and misc paper items. In the winter my cell phone goes in my jacket pocket and in the summer I clip it on my pants or shorts since it's a compact phone. I use to carry a good size purse, but I had all this stuff in there that I never needed, so I switched to a much smaller size.

Slappy
LOL!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 05:20 am
my truck. I have cleverly arranged my stuff therein in a series of ascending strata that within each passenger compartment are arranged the various categories of my craft. In one compartment are my helmet, aluminum note book cover and needed electronic gear. Every other compartment contains information of ongoing projects . My passenger side front seat well is reserved for EMPTIES. Fiendishly clever what?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fun Friday Posts/What do you carry stuff around in?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:52:51