Losing feelings for my boyfriend! I'm freaking out!

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 03:55 pm
started dating a man who is 71 yrs old and I am 55 yrs old about 2 1/2 months ago. I was crazy about him. I noticed he was very sensitive about his age. But when I looked at him I didn't see age. We slept together about 4 weeks after we started dating. After our first time together he made a comment about how I probably was going to move on because we already had sex. Ughh. Then he started making more hurtful remarks. Just out of no where. He belittled my feelings for him actually the whole time we have been together. Broke up with me 3 times as well.

Each time something happened my feelings became less for him. Now I barely have any thing left for him! He has alot of feelings for him though! I know he is hurting. And if I could turn a switch on and still felt all the passion again for him I would. I am feeling so much anxiety and stress that sometimes I just feel numb. I can't even look at him right now because I can't look at him the way that I should.

Looking for advice on how to rekindle my passion for him? Any other feedback is welcome too! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 392 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2019 04:54 pm
Sounds like you don't "like " him any more. So that certainly does kill the sex, doesn't it.

He sounds like he's trying to sabotage the relationship, but why? Does he have health issues? Is the age gap really getting to him? To you? What else keeps you two together (similar interests?)

Sounds like you need a heartfelt talk with him.
0 Replies

1Peter

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 04:18 am
@Laurencesgurl,
A good relationship is based on honesty.
Ask him what he is afraid of.
0 Replies

2bgoodagain

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 08:48 am
@Laurencesgurl,
sounds like he has some insecurities.

his hurtful words were probably himself trying to protect himself b/c he doesn't feel you'll stay with him.

ultimately, he doesn't feel he deserves the love/attraction you show him, so he's trying to protect himself from hurtful expectations.

and ultimately, it comes down to the fact he doesn't trust people. not in you, specifically, but anyone.

after a while, people with low self confidence or people who've been hurt before tend to wear out the person they're with. i think you're at that place, but the fact that you want to feel the attraction is admirable and shows some chance.

if you truly want to feel it again, you need to help him build up his confidence, but it can't be all you... that's exhausting. the last person is right, you need to have a heart to heart with him, and he has to step up and if he doesn't want to lose you, he needs to trust you and believe in you... then perhaps the feelings will come back, as he regains trust in you.

tell him, how you feel. NOT just that you're losing feelings for him, but you wish it'd come back and you'd like to try with him,.. but he also needs to step up and trust in you. you can't expect love from someone if you're not willing to risk hurt to receive that love.

love is a two way street. effort in that love is also a 2 way street. he has to step up to the plate with you, and then let's see. Then you have a chance to get it back, or not try and certain doom for your relationship.

good luck to you.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:03 am
@Laurencesgurl,
My sympathies but it sounds as though it’s not going to work out. The relationship is short enough where irreparable harm will be done. This man has some sort of emotional impasses that you cannot (and shouldn't ) he’ll him overcome. It’s kinder to have a sit down talk and explain that you cannot go any further with him.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 10:32 am
He's just a cranky old man, due to a lifetime of disappointments. Nothing you do will please him. Best to move on.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 12:04 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

... The relationship is short enough where irreparable harm will be done.

Sorry. That should’ve read: will NOT be done.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Losing feelings for my boyfriend! I'm freaking out!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:37:20