Understanding the Favor of God

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2019 12:23 pm
*Favor Lasts a Lifetime*

Psalm 30:5

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

As a child of God, you walk in the favor of God.

That favor is not for a moment, but for a lifetime.

The favor of God is the blessing of God.

It means God’s acceptance and good will. Favor is God’s grace in action. Another word for favor is “lovingkindness.” Lovingkindness means the commitment love of God.

God’s favor goes beyond your obedience or actions. Sure, there are times when God may discipline you. I know I have had my share of God’s discipline on my life. A parent disciplines their child, so they will grow up to be productive citizens and mature adults. God disciplines us to bring us back to the right path and make us more like Christ. 

Now, God’s favor does not mean you will always get the best parking spot near the door, or drive the newest car, or live in the biggest house. It does mean that Your Heavenly Father is working for your good, and there will be inexplainable blessings come into your life just because your father loves you. You will live a “blessed” life because you walk in the favor of God that lasts a lifetime.

Even when you struggle and feel like you are facing the darkest moments of your life, you are still walking in God’s favor. He has not forgotten you, and His commitment love for you has never changed.

Look at that promise again.

For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. – Psalm 30:5

Make this Confession.

Today, I rest in God’s favor.
God’s commitment love for me will never change.
I am accepted by God, and He is working on my behalf.
Even when going through difficult times, I still walk in God’s favor.

In Jesus name,
Amen
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 223 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Understanding the Favor of God
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:13:07