Sunburn!!

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:16 am
We are having a heatwave in the UK.

I used sun factor protection and was under shade for most of the day yet I have still managed to burn my front, shoulders, top of my forehead and my ears(!!)
I am a human lobster.

They are stinging a tad today!!

Did anybody else get caught out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 14
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:41 am
Those of us living in Texas learn young to take the sun seriously. My worst sunburn was second-degree blisters over my back when I was eight. (Hey, my parents are from Nebraska.) My second-worst was when I was 14, and I forgot to coat the tops of my feet. Youch.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:00 am
I was up the top of a ladder, painting the guttering. Even though I knew it would cause a mild panic in the area, I wore a pair of shorts and now have medium rare calf muscles.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:06 am
Ah, should go nicely with my lobster.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:13 am
On the roof all weekend long. The temperature was in the 70's with a nice breeze so it felt cool out... but the sun still shines bright. My neck, face and arms are a bright red with nice dark golden undertones from weekends past. It is really quite striking when seen in stark contrast to the pasty whiteness of the rest of me. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 10:17 am
I don't go in the sun because I get heat stroke very easily and break out in hives all over when in the sun for too long. No tan for me. I use tan-in-a-can on my legs to knock off the glaring whiteness. But I am pretty white still.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 12:09 pm
I take pride in my pasty-whiteness. Computer geeks can do that. My goal every year is to come back from the beach with less of a tan than when I started.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 01:10 pm
DrewDad wrote:
I take pride in my pasty-whiteness. Computer geeks can do that. My goal every year is to come back from the beach with less of a tan than when I started.

Right there with ya, Drew Laughing

Material Girl, get some Aloe Vera spray - will help like a dream!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 02:50 pm
I am a pasty, pasty Irish-American. And I livein the deep South.

My skin is almost translucent, on a good day you can see my food digesting.

My sunburns are legendary.

You'd think I would learn, but on the Gulf Shores in FLA early May, the sun got the tops of my feet. My feet swelled. One evening I had to cut one of my socks off of my foot with a scissors, because it hurt too much to roll it off.

Least favorite pigment related questions or statments:

"You're sunburned!" No ****, bitch. Don't you think I'd be the first to know?

"You should try to get a tan."--I can't ************, my dad is Casper and my mom is Elvira.

"Are you an albino?"--I am going to kill you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:22 pm
Get some Ocean Potion Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocaine. It really helps.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:30 pm
Well, M.G. one can get too much of a good thing, but cj is correct; aloe is wonderful, but try getting the actual plant. Watch the sun block, however,
because many scientists have observed that the block can be worse than the blight. <groan>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:44 pm
I'm a whitey, too. I don't tan, but I do freckle a bit. Irish-English complexion. "Peaches and cream" looks great in the winter, but not in a swimsuit. I swear by SPF 45 sunblock and keep blue aloe vera gel handy at all times.

My idea of the perfect beach is one where the sand is whiter than I am.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 03:35 pm
The funniest thing I saw, was a group of English lads on a beach in Spain.
They had obviously over indulged at "lunch" in the Bar, and one of them had fallen into a deep sleep, lying face up.
His mates got hold of a string vest from somewhere, and had carefully placed it over his face.
We saw him that evening, and his whole face was covered in bright red diamond shapes.

Marvellous !
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 02:11 am
Hahaha.

I was able to peel skin frommy forehead this morning!!!!!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 09:50 am
@material girl,
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sunburn!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:14:58