Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads and Dads-To-Be in A2K Land

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:46 am
A warm wish for a Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there.

I tend to think you guys get the raw end of the deal when it comes to recognition. Every Mothers Day people hear sermons on the virtues and wonders of Mothers. Every Fathers Day people hear sermons on how Dads have to do this and that differently to be better Dads, and how they have failed on so many levels.

I've yet to hear a Fathers Day sermon that simply praised fathers and thanked them for all they do.

So, this is my sermon for the day:

Dads, you have a really tough job. You have awesome responsibility and I know a lot of the financial burden is still yours despite the increase in two incme families. I know you carry the heavier weight of being the disciplinarian in many instances, (no one says "Just wait until your Mother gets home!") which gives you an entirely different parental role than Mothers get to enjoy. I know yo have long commutes, work hard (often at jobs that are unfulfilling) and spend most of your days making sure your family is provided for.

For all you do... Today is for you! I hope you enjoy it. Relax, do something special with your children, and know you are loved and appreciated despite theharsh sermons you'll hear elsewhere today.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY! We wouldn't be here without you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 519 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
On behalf of all dads everywhere, especially war-torn lands, I thank you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:54 am
How about a beer and a blow job and forget the Hallmark stuff?

<just kidding....it's too early for a beer....>
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 11:54 am
Thank you squinney. I think it would be in my best interest and the interest of being a good dad to accept the Hallmark card. I could use a cold beer though. Damn, why am I so nice!

Happy Fathers Day to all you other dads out there as well.

Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 12:05 pm
You're welcome, Edgar and Intrepid. And, thank you Edgar for acknowledging all of the fathers that cannot be with their children today.

Hope you have a great day!

(Surprised it took so long for a Fathers Day Thread to be posted. Mothers usually get their thread before it's even officially Mothers Day.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 01:01 pm
I read your post to Mr Wolf.
He got his silly 'giggle face'.
I think he liked it. :-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Aaaah, take him a beer, shewolfnm. And, see if you can get Jillian to rub his feet or him. Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 05:13 pm
Thank you, squinney! Great thread. These guys deserve all the thanks we can give them.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 07:11 pm
Squinney.......... you are one awesome, precious, person. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

To all you Fathers : Raising a child is no simple task. When I look back and think of all the sleepless nights I put my parents through ... I sometimes wonder where they got their strength. I hope each one of you had a fantastic day - full of love. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif You deserve it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:09 am
squinney wrote:
Aaaah, take him a beer, shewolfnm. And, see if you can get Jillian to rub his feet or him. Very Happy

i tried the foot rubbing..
Jillian is teething..
so she just bit.
Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads and Dads-To-Be in A2K Land
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 04:20:10