Bestfriend Troubles

Aj86

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:48 am
My bestfriend who I joined this forum to try to understand her better left her bf about two weeks ago who is a severe narcissist. She had been staying at her other friend's place the last week or so till the place she was planning to move into has been redone. Her brother-in-law and I had helped move all of her stuff out and into storage. 

Last Thursday the 31st my friend and I were good. We gave each other hugs and she kissed me on the cheek like she does often. We told each other we loved one another (as friends), all was well. Friday the 1st, things changed abruptly. Her demeanor was completely different. She wouldn't hardly say anything to me and I could tell there was something wrong and it's very unlike her to not tell me when something is bothering her. After I dropped her off that evening from work there were some text messages exchanged between her and I about the car I had bought a few days prior for her to drive so she had wheels. She didn't have any money and was trying to save up the rent and deposit for this place. I had full intentions of turning it over to her when she could afford it. I wasn't fully understanding what was going on so I asked her if I could call her.  She calls me a few minutes later. Begins to ask me what the plans with the car. Then told me that she was hearing from people that I had feelings for her and my motives were were to manipulate her onto leaving her bf to be with me. People had said things lole this in the past and we talked about it and knew it was all bs and rumors. She asked me if all the things I had done for her in the past financially and emotionally were to aim towards the goal of her wanting to be with me. I told her that was not true at all. I was just trying to be a friend and help her out because I know what it's like to be in that place in life. We had made clear early in the relationship that we were just friends and that was it. I would say we are very close friends. I don't know if he had got to her and took advantage of her state of mind and convinced her against me since I know he hates me. I know she feels lonely and I was going out of my way to help her and to be as supportive as possible.

Her and I would message daily before this all happened as well as go to lunch most days and talk about things. She would tell me how mean and disrespectful he was to her and would treat her like ****. How his kids would disrespect her. She would confide in me most days. Now there is almost nothing at all. I also feel like there was a trust lost or something. She has been communicating with him and also staying the night over at his house. This is the same guy would told everyone that he kicked her out for cheating on him with me. The same guy who would tell her she's stupid and everything that happens is her fault. He's very toxic.

So I am lost now as to what happened and if anything can be done between her and I since she is an empath. What could be going through her head? How could she be seeing things? What do I need to do? She won't talk to me about what happened or who said what. It feels like I lost my bestfriend to untrue information. What do empaths do in these situations?

What am I to her now?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 250 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bestfriend Troubles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:35:58