Death toll in the new war on Iraq

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:40 pm
I read that artillery positions were bombed and there are a few other attacks reported. Bombing artillery sounds nice sort of like stomping on some toys but I want to know how many people died. So if you have information on any deaths in this war please post it here. I want information on both sides but it will probably be all Iraqi deaths.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,655 • Replies: 12
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 12:25 am
The death of my children's innocence as they watch this war and this president are shockingly sad. Shocked Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:04 am
I heard 15 or so American troops died in a helicopter crash.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:06 am
Make that:

More details released about chopper crash
Twelve British and four United States soldiers were killed when a US Marine helicopter crashed in Kuwait a US military spokesman in Kuwait said.
[FULL STORY
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2003 01:23 am
And how many more are going to answer the call?
To die in a place they should never been at all!
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 07:01 am
Seems like the British take the most casualties.

Another 7 soldiers died in heli-crash.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 08:57 am
Three journalists with UK commercial TV network ITN are reported missing in southern Iraq after coming under fire on their way to Basra.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 09:04 am
Four people (one Australian Journalist and three Iraqi),die in a suicide bombing near the northern Iraqi town of Halabja.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:16 pm
Yep - Oz's first casualty is a home-town boy - Paul Moran - very experienced in the Middle East camera operator, killed in the Kurdish region of Northern Iraq. Has a new-born baby. Such is war.

Do media folk count as casualties?

Iraq claiming 3 dead and a couple of hundred injured in Baghdad. This seems a very modest claim for such heavy bombing.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:20 pm
modest?

They all count!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:30 pm
Think of how much firepower those missiles have! I would imagine that either the things are nearly as accurate as claimed - or that Iraqi authorities are down-playing casualties for morale purposes.
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:48 pm
So far allied losses have been light, compared to what they could be if Iraq were using their stockpile of chemical,and mass-destruction weopons. I thank God they haven't, and pray they don't. However I am curious as to why they haven't so far. I mean, we know they have them, because Bush says they do, and Bush is an honorable man......right?
0 Replies

Booman

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2003 02:53 pm
Oh yeah, the death of the journalist is a stark reminder, those guys really have guts. A soldier is brave going there with a gun, but to be near the target area, armed with a videophone......whew! My hats off to them all.
0 Replies