Good intention paving stones on the road to hell

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 05:05 pm
Today was a front yard day, what with the steam roller and all so Mo and I decided to mow the front yard.

We mowed our yard and a little patch of West's yard when we decided it would be really nice of us to mow East's tiny little front yard. She's always so busy and she's a great neighbor and the yard was getting a bit overgrown so off we go.

East came home while we were mowing and was just so overwhelmed that we would do such a nice thing and thanked us "so much", saying what a disasterous week she'd had and what a lovely surprise it was that we were mowing.

Then the lawn mower broke.

I fixed it.

Then it ran out of gas.

I gassed it up.

Then it broke.

And I can't get it fixed.

I asked West to try to start it and he couldn't.

Now East has a lawn with a mohawk and I have a broken lawn mower.

This endevor took me about two hours. Two hours to mow a tiny patch of lawn. Okay, two hour to sort of mow a tiny patch of lawn.

West is off picking up his equipment, he's a professional gardener, and he said I could borrow one of his mowers when he gets back so I can finish up East's yard and avoid the embarrasement of half-assedness.

I have the nicest neighbors.

And my road to hell is going to look great.

But still.... you know..... crappy destination....

What good intentions have backfired on you lately?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 706 • Replies: 19
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:19 pm
Umm umm ummm ummm ummm.

I gotta get me one of those professional style lawn mowers.

Wow!

Anyway, mission accomplished.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:22 pm
I've got a push mower.
Easy to fix.
Even for me.

Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:33 pm
hmmm just about every time I open my mouth Embarrassed
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:34 pm
snick snick snick snick snick

I love push mowers.

I would do my yard with one, even though my yard is big. I keep my grass cut pretty low so a push mower would be just about right.

I was thinking about those today because I just had a little strip left of East's yard when my mower conked out.

Maybe I'll replace mine with a push mower if South can't get it fixed.

I'll probably end up hating myself. Mowing is a year round endevor here.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:50 pm
husker, I don't believe that for one single second.

My experience really goes to show that old saying are old saying for a reason.

What?

A stitch in time saves nine?

<slaps head>

No good deed goes unpunished?

<slaps head>

A penny saved is a penny earned?

<thunk>

I think I'll be early to bed tonight.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 06:53 pm
good what time will you be online? lol
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 07:30 pm
I'm thinking I'll be early to rise.

So online early.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:28 pm
Not so much good intentions, but I took off for a meeting yesterday with eery intention of being about 15 minutes early. It's with the legislative committee of the WI Vet Med Assoc, I'm a wee student, want to make a good impression.

Anyway, I glance at mapquest for directions to this place, I think I've got them down pat, and I head off.

Can't find the bugger.

Turns out I missed one little "go straight instead of follow the main road to the right" thing. Glance at the map in the glove compartment. Am in the woods, sun is directly overhead, can't tell which way is which.

Choose wrong.

Takes a long time for this to become apparent, since I'm out in the damned flat midwestern cornfields.

Eventually walk into the meeting 45 minutes late. It's adjourned within another half hour.

Damn it, I hate the flatlands...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:39 pm
It's okay. There is always another legislative committee meeting. (I was on a legislative committee once. Jargon city...) But of course, this one will have been the key meeting..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:43 pm
Oh my gosh, patiodog. That is the kind of thing that makes me insane.

And I think your intentions were good -- very good!

I hate to be late and I hate to be lost and, I confess, I have a really weird conception of time and absolutely no sense of direction.

At least you made it.

I would have either been a day early (grumpy and disheveled from exhaustion)or I'd be wandering the flatlands still.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:46 pm
<was the committee a state board committee? none of my business, of course...>
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 08:48 pm
Quote:
It's okay. There is always another legislative committee meeting. (I was on a legislative committee once. Jargon city...) But of course, this one will have been the key meeting..

Jargon free, but, yeah, this was the first impression. (My impression of these folks wasn't so high, either.)

Quote:
I hate to be late and I hate to be lost and, I confess, I have a really weird conception of time and absolutely no sense of direction.

I'm the same for both. Without mountains or oceans to orient me or at least long shadows to orient me, I'm hopeless. And the clock in the car is never right, damn thing speeds up and slows down...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 09:27 am
Funny story boomerang.

You know what always backfires on me? When I congratulate a woman on her pregnancy, and it turns out she's not pregnant at all, but horribly bloated.

Cost me a few slaps in the face.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 10:30 am
Whats that old saying...

.... you know the one.....

........ somthing about "assume"......
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 07:03 pm
Wow!

East just brought over this really pretty plant in a beautiful terra cotta planter!

I was in the back giving Mo a bath but she told Mr. B that she had been having the worst day of her life and that Mo and I had really cheered her up.

So it was worth it.

Even though I didn't just break the lawnmower. I killed it.

Maybe I'll get a pushmower.

<snick snick snick snick snick>
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 09:56 am
I used a push mower all last summer.

Now I have a push mower in the garage and a service that comes by every few weeks.

I thought I was gonna get exercise and cut down on pollution.

Instead, the only thing getting thinner is my wallet....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:08 pm
Ha!

I'm thinking my neighbor's lawn service is sounding better and better as the lawn mower saga continues....

Today South fixed the mower. It was running great! Free! I'm out mowing the back...

Mo takes off his shoes and is requesting help to get them back on (rule number 1 - when the lawn mower is on you stand back, rule number 2 - you must have on shoes even when you're standing back).

I shut down the mower to help him.

The mower won't restart.

I'm getting grumpy.

I yank that cord for all it's worth.

It snaps back and crushes my thumb.

I don't THINK its broken.

But it is black and blue and swollen like you wouldn't belive and it hurts like crazy.

If I'm going to hell I'm taking that damn mower with me.

And I'm going to make a gift of it to .... I dunno.... Hitler maybe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 07:48 pm
push mower

snick snick snick snick

flip

snick snick snick snick

flip

i love the end of the row flip of the push mower

love it

snick snick snick snick

flip
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 01:58 pm
Pilfer some holy water from the church and sprinkle the mower at midnight. Obviously the demons jumped from your neighbor-on-the-east into the mower.

Be sure Mo is asleep when you perform the exorcism. Mo does not need any more demons.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Good intention paving stones on the road to hell
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 03:23:49