Crossing by swimming

maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 03:39 am
Is it true that they are crossing from france to england by swimming and even for 4 times ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 246 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 03:46 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
Is it true that they are crossing from france to england by swimming and even for 4 times ?
No.

Four swimmers have swam three times in one go across the English Channel - but on Sunday it was done for the first time by one woman from the USA (Sarah Thomas finished the 80 miles in 54 hours and ten minutes).
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 03:54 am
@Walter Hinteler,
so why you wrote no ?

Im having problems to believe these things, it s ok I know they have to be true with all these news but I find them impossible .
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 04:30 am
@maxdog,
I imagine because the question was so terribly phrased, it sounded like this is the way the majority of asylum seekers/refugees are crossing the channel while the truth remains that only a few people have ever swum the channel and only one person has managed to do it non stop four times.
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 04:48 am
@izzythepush,
Illegal immigrants cross the sea in a different way by the help of the traffickers and NGO s , after get paid , at least that s what they say.

That s not the subject anyway.

Yes they are few but I still see it impossible to swim all that distance and with all that things against them. I have to see all the swim by my eyes not a 1 minute video like i saw.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 04:53 am
@maxdog,
I doubt anybody will be bothered with what you have to say. The Guinness book of Records verified the four way crossing and others have been verified by similarly reliable people.

You are of no consequence, believe it or not, nobody else will give a ****.
knaivete

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 05:28 am
@maxdog,
Quote:
Yes they are few but I still see it impossible to swim all that distance and with all that things against them. I have to see all the swim by my eyes

We shall "endeavor to persevere" in your absence.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:09 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
so why you wrote no ?
I wrote "no" because a single person (singular) crossed the Channel four times, "they" crossed it thrice and less.
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
It s ok I know I m saying a something outrages, , but still , if you swim , picture yourself that you are going for just 1 mile of swim and check how you will see it .
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:15 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Ok bro
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:17 am
@knaivete,
Yeah but it s not an easy believe at all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:23 am
@maxdog,
If it was easy it wouldn't be newsworthy.
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:31 am
@izzythepush,
In my locality there was also a doubt about another woman that the news said she did a few km by swimming . So everything is possible . Media plays tricks .

At least , did you ever knew that?

I remind you , I know that most probably, the news about the swim of the UK is real and I m wrong , but I can t believe that easily.

Have to check more .
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:45 am
@maxdog,
Holy mackerel: there are world championships in long distance swimming, the "Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming" is awarded to those who did three of the most well-known marathon swims, and nearly every country holds annually Open Water Championships with distances from 1.5 km up to 7.5, 10, and even more km.

Edit: looking up the various results: in the Bavarian State Championship this year, there was even there (Alpine region!) a female youth championship swimming over 7.5 km.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:49 am
@maxdog,
Please, if you know something chances are everyone has heard of it.

You have to decide who you're going to believe. Personally I believe organisations like The Guinness book of Records and BBC, where I first heard the story. I don't believe certain tabloid papers.

maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And this one I read it was an 80 mile swim. Right ?
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:57 am
@izzythepush,
That s the normal thing to do , believe the big corporations no matter if we have personally proof of it .
So I don t blame you.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 07:01 am
@maxdog,
I don't believe the big corporations. I believe those I deem trustworthy.

The alternative is to end up like JTT, desperately trying to convince people that 9/11 was a scheduled demolition.
maxdog

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 07:16 am
@izzythepush,
I don t want to be always on the other side of the truth , but even the structure of the twin towers was nt easy to put them down like that without nearly anything standing , but that s another thing from this .

Maybe we discuss it in the future together with the moon landing .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Crossing by swimming
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:45:07