What is your biggest question related to forgiveness

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 05:22 pm
I wonder what is your biggest question related to forgiveness.
What is your greatest challenge? Do you know how to overcome this challenge?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 371 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nacredambition

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 06:28 pm
@Corinaniadds,
I forget.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 06:53 pm
@Corinaniadds,
Why would anyone forgive, when vengeance is so sweet?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 10:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Earth dwellers (humans) are not allowed vengeance. That, belongs to the Lord (leaping or not).
Why else would it be called Divine retribution?

For the vengeance info, be sure to read from Deuteronomy (the bible one, not the book of poems about poetic justice by that cat in the musical Cats)
CleoLehman

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 07:32 am
@Corinaniadds,
To move on and be happy in front of them is the biggest revenge of all. After all, karma is there to take care of them.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 08:46 am
@CleoLehman,
CleoLehman wrote:

To move on and be happy in front of them is the biggest revenge of all. After all, karma is there to take care of them.

That only works if...

1) ... They see it. You have to make sure that they understanding how fantastically happy you.

2) ... They are miserable themselves. If you drive by them to show off your new Toyota and they are setting in a new Ferrari, the revenge is going to be rather empty.

It is not enough for me to be happy. Everyone else has to be miserable or it doesn't count.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 12:31 pm
@Corinaniadds,
Corinaniadds wrote:

I wonder what is your biggest question related to forgiveness.

What are you babbling about? (That's my question)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 03:39 pm
I can forgive; the forgetting is much more difficult.

A triggered thought can send me back in a nano- second.
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 05:09 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Earth dwellers (humans) are not allowed vengeance. That, belongs to the Lord (leaping or not).
Why else would it be called Divine retribution?

For the vengeance info, be sure to read from Deuteronomy (the bible one, not the book of poems about poetic justice by that cat in the musical Cats)

Cycles of karma are built into the creation. 'What goes around comes around' because that is simply in the nature of how things work. If people make war against each other and the violence keeps escalating, there is going to be more and more hell to pay because vengeance avenges violence with violence.

People are egocentric, so they think of karma and paybacks as a personal thing, but it's really not personal. It's like if you throw a ball really hard against a wall and it bounces back really hard against you and you blame the wall for being mean and vengeful, it was really just reflecting your own violence against it back to you. Are you going to get angry with God, the universe, and/or the wall because the ball bounced back as hard as you threw it?

Forgiveness is divine, but humans are flawed. If we could forgive everything and accept all violence against ourselves without seeking vengeance, we would be like Jesus being killed and saying, "forgive them they know not what they do."

If everyone was perfect at following Christ's example, there would never be any violence or retribution. People would only seek to forgive each other in order to get them to reform themselves and others.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is your biggest question related to forgiveness
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 05:43:31